Detachable Power Cord - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2018, 04:18 PM   #51

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2018 F150 2.7L Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiki724 View Post
I am interested in getting the Smart Plug and would prefer that Escape install it instead of their brand of detachable cord. I still have not heard back from Escape as to whether they will do it. If the answer is no (which is likely) I have an additional issue that the detachable cord Escape uses (Conntek) is round and the Smart Plug will not fit the round pattern holes on the Conntek. I did confirm with Smartplug that it will fit the Conntek square configuration but I don' t know if Escape will even install that one. Has anyone with the Smartplug solved this other than adding a square base plate to cover the holes and then add the Smartplug?
If you intend to install the Smart Plug, you're better off with the Smart Plug brand receptacle as well as their cord. I'd just go with stock in such a case and add your Smart Plug later.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:27 PM   #52

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I figure that's what I'll end up doing. I just don't know if the smart plug receptacle will cover the holes made for the round conntek receptacle.

maiki724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:32 PM   #53

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Not sure what crawly, climbs things to which you are referring. Florida is in the southeast and we donít have anything like that......,,,..the gators eat all of them! :floor
If gators eat fire ants, mud daubers and those nasty bronze wasps, I may have to get me some! Does Florida ever put them on sale?
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:01 PM   #54

You can ask Escape not to install the stock power cord hatch as l have done. For the one test night before we leave the factory area I will just run the cord out the big hatch. This way you can put any size hole in the trailer you want.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:07 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiki724 View Post
I figure that's what I'll end up doing. I just don't know if the smart plug receptacle will cover the holes made for the round conntek receptacle.
If the mousehole is the same size as mine, it's not a problem. If it's a huge one like Pat had on the 2013, you'll need a backer plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
You can ask Escape not to install the stock power cord hatch as l have done. For the one test night before we leave the factory area I will just run the cord out the big hatch. This way you can put any size hole in the trailer you want.
A hatch there is another mod, no? If there's no mousehole, there's no accessing a cord unless you also add a hatch. I think they'll be fine with the stock hole. Mine (2015) was half the diameter of Pat's.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:14 PM   #56

If there is no mouse hole you can put in your own brand of plug/jack/socket anywhere.(or hatch)
Old 01-12-2018, 05:23 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
If there is no mouse hole you can put in your own brand of plug/jack/socket anywhere.(or hatch)
Their intent here is to add a Smart Plug detachable cord, not add a hatch. Of course you put a plug/hole wherever you like, but I doubt their intent is to cut a hole at all. With the stock mousehole, they don't have to.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:03 PM   #58

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L 4x4
When are they going to come up with a 30 amp wireless power source for RVs like those little wireless cell phone chargers? Just back your camper into your site, get your rear bumper within 10 feet of the camp site power stand, and wallah, your camper magically has 30 amp power. That would be cool - unless you have an electronic medical device implanted in your body. May need to wrap yourself in aluminum foil!
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:55 PM   #59

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
power cords

We have had 2 trailers with power cords attached .I don't see the need for the detachable one .We have one for our boat and its a pain to put it away ? We bought and extra 25 ft 30 amp power cord so we have about 50ft to get us back to the power pole . This would be something i would probably forget so I'm one Escapee that likes it attached . I guess if one has critters or bees, ants, etc getting into the camper then i might feel different but so far no bugs ,rats or other varmits .
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:00 PM   #60

Exactly. I will be at Escape next week and will take some measurements. Smartplug has already sent me a template after I explained my dilemma. Great folks to work with!

maiki724 is offline   Reply With Quote