Different Tire Width on Escape 21 - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2016, 09:30 PM   #61

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Glad to hear you got things straightened out.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #62

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Paul Brown and Reace, both class acts. Good camping this summer Paul, see you on the big river in September.
Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:18 PM   #63

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Paul - very glad to hear about the fast resolution. I'm not surprised as that has always been how my dealings with Reace have been, quick, efficiently and friendly.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:04 PM   #64

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem View Post
Don't let the "21" in the "model" block fool you. ETI put a "21" on the Nameplate, it's really a "19". They told me to cross out the "21" but now I'm wondering if the other info is for a "21" or a "19"?

I've posted this so you can look inside your closet (if that is where it is) and look over the details too. I doubt mine is the only one with errors ... haste makes waste
Thank you for posting about this. I wasn't aware of this sheet of paper and what all it says since we've never owned a trailer or anything like it before.

So, what all is this used for? Do inspectors at the DMV look at it? Or the border guards could when you cross the border? If Klem had crossed out the incorrect trailer size would they think he was trying to pull a fast one crossing the border? If so, that's really weird that ETI told him to do so, instead of sending him a new one.

Boy, one more thing to check when getting our trailer. Are the tires all the same. Does the info on this sheet match what we're really getting. Does the drain plug screw in correctly in the shower pan. Dang, this list is getting longer and longer.

I'm glad the incorrect tire situation got resolved. It's too bad you have to deal with it in the first place.

I'm also really thankful to the folks that post on the forum about their problems with their trailers. It gives the rest of us something else to check for to make sure it didn't/won't happen with their trailer.

So, when's that QA position getting posted?
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:26 PM   #65

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
I think everyone can expect a half dozen things to be wrong with any trailer, hopefully minor, since there are about a half a zillion possibilities. There is a major problem reported once in a while.

I always like to know what people find wrong so others might check for that. I don't expect quality control to cover but a few of the likeliest problems. When adding in all of the custom items someone might get, it is a wonder we hear about so little wrong.

And not surprised at all that Reace got right on those tires.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:34 PM   #66

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
I think everyone can expect a half dozen things to be wrong with any trailer
I think some people expect things to be wrong.
Hope, even.
Make lists of the potential problems.
Others let ETI address the issue and go camping.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:20 AM   #67

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Thank you for posting about this. I wasn't aware of this sheet of paper and what all it says since we've never owned a trailer or anything like it before.

So, what all is this used for? Do inspectors at the DMV look at it? Or the border guards could when you cross the border? If Klem had crossed out the incorrect trailer size would they think he was trying to pull a fast one crossing the border? If so, that's really weird that ETI told him to do so, instead of sending him a new one.

Boy, one more thing to check when getting our trailer. Are the tires all the same. Does the info on this sheet match what we're really getting. Does the drain plug screw in correctly in the shower pan. Dang, this list is getting longer and longer.

I'm glad the incorrect tire situation got resolved. It's too bad you have to deal with it in the first place.

I'm also really thankful to the folks that post on the forum about their problems with their trailers. It gives the rest of us something else to check for to make sure it didn't/won't happen with their trailer.

So, when's that QA position getting posted?
Think of this sheet of paper as your "sticker" on a new car showing options and standard equipment. This one of course reflecting options and the weights...
Old 06-07-2016, 06:50 AM   #68

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I took it that the sheet is like the QAI sticker on the side of the trailer, just something that is required for ETI to be "certified".

10 years with trailers, no one has ever asked to look at such.

Mine says the trailer is 150 volts.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:19 AM   #69

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I think some people expect things to be wrong.
Hope, even.
Make lists of the potential problems.
Others let ETI address the issue and go camping.

I can't believe this thread got to nearly 70 posts. I would have phoned ETI, got it sorted and been on my way. Mistakes happen it's a fact of life.

Barry

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 11:10 AM   #70
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Glad I checked though. Depends on what you do with the trailer whether the situation about the incorrect trailer size could create a problem. I certainly wouldn't want to have crossed out and hand written info on the manufacturers label when crossing into another country. Sometimes they do check things. Definitely wouldn't have crossed into Mexico with that situation. I'd insist that ETI supply a proper label.
I guess I'd be screwed. I didn't even put the label on the cupboard door as suggested by ETI. It's in a folder with the rest of the trailer paperwork (sans Title). My Scamp has never had this type of label on a cupboard door. Neither will Ten Forward.

I mean really... when was the last (or first) time you've ever heard there was an issue at a border crossing "Gladys, you need to open the trailer so I can check the label inside a cupboard door to make certain your trailer matches the label.

Ron, I'm not poking fun at you honest. But there are so many other things border guards are concerned with. A label that's more like window sticker for a motor vehicle, isn't one of them.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 11:47 AM   #71

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
border crossing

Going south Nancy mentioned an orange I believe, that messed things up, now the guard had to call out someone else to take the orange. She had to go into the trailer to get it from the fridge. I just nod my head and say yes sir or mam and I'm a citizen.
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:44 PM   #72

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I guess I'd be screwed. I didn't even put the label on the cupboard door as suggested by ETI. It's in a folder with the rest of the trailer paperwork (sans Title). My Scamp has never had this type of label on a cupboard door. Neither will Ten Forward.

I mean really... when was the last (or first) time you've ever heard there was an issue at a border crossing "Gladys, you need to open the trailer so I can check the label inside a cupboard door to make certain your trailer matches the label.

Ron, I'm not poking fun at you honest. But there are so many other things border guards are concerned with. A label that's more like window sticker for a motor vehicle, isn't one of them.
Hi: Donna D... You'll be fine!!! It clearly states "Do not remove" on the label. Make sure you let "Gladys" know too!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:28 PM   #73

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
I can't believe this thread got to nearly 70 posts. I would have phoned ETI, got it sorted and been on my way. Mistakes happen it's a fact of life.
If Paul had called Escape with the same observation (that the chocks fit different on the two sides) as he reported here, I doubt that the response would have been "oh that's because we put two of the wrong tires on".
The same diagnosis and discussion would have been required. The large number of posts in this thread which have nothing to do with tires on a 21' would not have occurred, yet that was discussion which some members clearly wanted to have.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote