Does size really matter? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Old 04-19-2016, 01:08 AM   #11
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Some (edit) were unhappy that the 4.3 wasn't offered anything but a door when fridge problems were a big issue here last year. Those with the original RML8555 (6.7 single door)were offered a replacement to the RMD8555(double door) and there seems to be much fewer complaints. Knowing this I would avoid the 4.3 unit.
Hi Ross have to disagree . Have the 4.3 and now I am getting good results . What was needed fan you can control and ventilator fan . Insulation surrounding the fridge cabinet is very important . Yes I had to fix it . I remember in previous RV 's when I pulled frig's for different reason's ,the cabinet for frig's were totally insulated . This one was not , just the frig in cabinet . Yes problems with for whatever reason's ,frig's workings not the greatest . But your frig cabinet needs insulation to help it along . Think extreme coolers , thick insulated walls gets you longer cooler storage . These frig's work a lot better with more insulation .was in 90's -100's last summer and stayed about 38 on 4 . Morning, frig was 31 but left it alone ,didn't change temp because I knew we were in for heat later in day . This was over 3.week period . Pat

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:09 AM   #12
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
one fridge trick we learned the hard way.... especially with a jammed full small Casita fridge was....

get one of these Valterra A10-2606 FridgeCool 11.28 mA Fan with On/Off Switch: Automotive

or similar

and use with rechargeable batteries (to reduce waste and cost)

and in hot climates with the sun beating down on it, when under long days of tow.... (no shade) in hot areas....

the fridge works MUCH better when the air is being circulated with this little fan.
Very true . That too . Pat

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:05 AM   #13
Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
There is no perfect answer. The storage in the 19 being what it is, I've been sorry that we didn't have those two shelves -- they would have been the right height and in a convenient place. I don't think it would matter so much in the 21 or the 5.0 TA. However, the kind of traveling we do requires a bigger frig. A weekend trip with a cooler and you could get away with the smaller frig, but particularly since you're not supposed to pack the frig tightly, we needed the space. I love how much meat I can store in the freezer (we have the one door frig but it's worked fine for us) and I like that we can camp without going to a store for a week or two and take enough fresh stuff to last pretty well.

I didn't realize when we planned our trailer that we could have gotten a drawer underneath the closet. That would have helped a lot. Also, we are debating whether to build shelves in the closet -- if I had it to do over again I would have done that.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:36 PM   #14
Trailer: Ordering the 5.0TA
Wow this thread has been so helpful! Never having had a trailer I have no idea all the things one needs to consider when having fridge options. Guess delaying our purchase happened for a reason.
There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs!
Lynn L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 03:04 PM   #15
Trailer: 21' Escape (June 2014)
We've never come close to filling up the 6.7 in our 21", not even with the 25 night trip back to Florida from ETI. For us, at least, the 4.3 would have been enough. It is true that we never went more than a week without hitting a grocery store, however. And, we have never had any problems with the original one-door 6.7.

Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote