Dometic customer service - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-17-2019, 12:07 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Trailer: 2010 escape 19
Posts: 15
Dometic customer service

CustomerSupportCenter <customersupportcenter@dometic.com>
Fri 2019-07-12 4:19 PM
You


THIS IS DOMETIC'S RESPONSE TO A REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE.

I WAS TEMPTED TO USE A VULGAR WORD ABOUT CUSTOMER CARE BY DOMETIC. SINCE THEY DID NOT REALLY READ MY MEMO! DO NOT EXPECT SERVICE FROM THIS CORPORATION.


Paul,

Dometic warranty requires that all repairs be performed by an authorized service center. They will trouble shoot and diagnose your unit to contact Dometic to obtain authorization to provide warrantable repairs.
Local service center may be located at www.dometic.com or if you would like to provide a city and state we can provide a list for you.

Service centers may provide mobile service, however Dometic warranty does not reimburse for the mobile fee.

Sarah Newton
Retail Customer Service Specialist
Phone 1-800-544-4881
customersupportcenter@dometic.com
Dometic North America Elkhart United States of America
__________________

paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:12 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
tdf-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Baytown, Texas
Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - since 1/9/2017
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
CustomerSupportCenter <customersupportcenter@dometic.com>
Fri 2019-07-12 4:19 PM
You


THIS IS DOMETIC'S RESPONSE TO A REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE.

I WAS TEMPTED TO USE A VULGAR WORD ABOUT CUSTOMER CARE BY DOMETIC. SINCE THEY DID NOT REALLY READ MY MEMO! DO NOT EXPECT SERVICE FROM THIS CORPORATION.


Paul,

Dometic warranty requires that all repairs be performed by an authorized service center. They will trouble shoot and diagnose your unit to contact Dometic to obtain authorization to provide warrantable repairs.
Local service center may be located at www.dometic.com or if you would like to provide a city and state we can provide a list for you.

Service centers may provide mobile service, however Dometic warranty does not reimburse for the mobile fee.

Sarah Newton
Retail Customer Service Specialist
Phone 1-800-544-4881
customersupportcenter@dometic.com
Dometic North America Elkhart United States of America
They don't answer questions as they don't want anyone but their "authorized service center"s working on their stuff.

Download the manual (available on the forum), troubleshoot what your comfortable doing, and if it needs more - take it to a Dometic service center.

Manuals are here:
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/do...hp?do=cat&id=1
__________________

__________________
If It Isn’t Perfect, It Isn’t Finished
tdf-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:13 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 13,701
Dometic response seems perfectly logical. What's your problem?
Authorized service centres are everywhere.
__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:29 PM   #4
Site Team
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 5,781
Nothing has changed, that was the policy when I had my fridge worked on and eventually replaced a few years ago.
__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 02:39 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
MyronL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Edgewood, New Mexico
Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Posts: 2,887
I can think of a problem. Dometic makes it virtually impossible for (me) to order a simple little missing or broke part for one of their products (read RM8551 orifice) I can easily install myself without seeking out a service representative. Feeling lucky mine is only a 30 mile drive from the house. Then they send it to them, and (me) gets charged for the mark up, and mailing a gigantic box it came in.
__________________
Myron
"A billion here, a billion there...add it all up and before you know it you're talking real money." Everett Dirkson
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 02:52 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Ronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Eagan, Minnesota
Trailer: 5.0 TA June 14, 2019.
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
CustomerSupportCenter <customersupportcenter@dometic.com>
Fri 2019-07-12 4:19 PM
You


THIS IS DOMETIC'S RESPONSE TO A REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE.

I WAS TEMPTED TO USE A VULGAR WORD ABOUT CUSTOMER CARE BY DOMETIC. SINCE THEY DID NOT REALLY READ MY MEMO! DO NOT EXPECT SERVICE FROM THIS CORPORATION.


Paul,

Dometic warranty requires that all repairs be performed by an authorized service center. They will trouble shoot and diagnose your unit to contact Dometic to obtain authorization to provide warrantable repairs.
Local service center may be located at www.dometic.com or if you would like to provide a city and state we can provide a list for you.

Service centers may provide mobile service, however Dometic warranty does not reimburse for the mobile fee.

Sarah Newton
Retail Customer Service Specialist
Phone 1-800-544-4881
customersupportcenter@dometic.com
Dometic North America Elkhart United States of America
Is this trailer a 2010, they responded as if it is 'Warranty" work. "Dometic warranty requires that all repairs be performed by an authorized service center.
__________________
The Sweet Suite
Ronn and Colleen
Ronn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 03:09 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Vonore, Tennessee
Trailer: 2018 Escape 21 - "Here We Go Again"
Posts: 74
I hate to open a can of worms, but try to get Dometic warranty repair done from any of the "authorized" centers they refer you to. We had what appeared to be a warranty issue, but every "authorized" repair center refused to look at the problem because (in their own words), WE DIDN'T SELL THE TRAILER and WE WON'T LOOK AT IT! Ok, so I get it that warranty work doesn't pay the dealer well, but it seems to me that Dometic (or any other company) should see to it that the problem is resolved and the customer provided the service that the warranty covers.
__________________
Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ...
gwvwadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 04:03 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 13,701
I still don't know what Paul's original issue was. Is that tiny rectangle Paul's note to Dometic, because it doesn't open for me.
__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 04:31 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North of Hertel, Wisconsin
Trailer: TBD
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwvwadc View Post
I hate to open a can of worms, but try to get Dometic warranty repair done from any of the "authorized" centers they refer you to. We had what appeared to be a warranty issue, but every "authorized" repair center refused to look at the problem because (in their own words), WE DIDN'T SELL THE TRAILER and WE WON'T LOOK AT IT! Ok, so I get it that warranty work doesn't pay the dealer well, but it seems to me that Dometic (or any other company) should see to it that the problem is resolved and the customer provided the service that the warranty covers.
The closest Dometic service center to us is almost 200 miles away
When I called them I got the same question from them “ Did you purchase the trailer from us? “ . When I said “No” they said I could bring my trailer down and they would fix it when they got the time . Customers who bought trailers from them came first
We had a Dometic dealer in our area but he dropped out because according to him he was
losing money doing warranty work for Dometic.
__________________
“ The Danbury Malcontented Curmudgeon
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 04:56 PM   #10
Site Team
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 5,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I still don't know what Paul's original issue was. Is that tiny rectangle Paul's note to Dometic, because it doesn't open for me.
Here's the response he got from Dometic when he asked for help.


Paul,

Dometic warranty requires that all repairs be performed by an authorized service center. They will trouble shoot and diagnose your unit to contact Dometic to obtain authorization to provide warrantable repairs.
Local service center may be located at www.dometic.com or if you would like to provide a city and state we can provide a list for you.

Service centers may provide mobile service, however Dometic warranty does not reimburse for the mobile fee.

Sarah Newton
Retail Customer Service Specialist
Phone 1-800-544-4881
customersupportcenter@dometic.com
Dometic North America Elkhart United States of America
__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:00 PM   #11
Site Team
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 5,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
The closest Dometic service center to us is almost 200 miles away
When I called them I got the same question from them “ Did you purchase the trailer from us? “ . When I said “No” they said I could bring my trailer down and they would fix it when they got the time . Customers who bought trailers from them came first
We had a Dometic dealer in our area but he dropped out because according to him he was
losing money doing warranty work for Dometic.
After I had my fridge replaced under warranty the electric element went dead after about 6 months. When the tech came out (mobile), I asked if he had gotten paid for the 1st job, he had not. Said 6 months was about normal.
__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:20 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SLO County CA, California
Trailer: 2014 21
Posts: 3,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Here's the response he got from Dometic when he asked for help.


Paul,

Dometic warranty requires that all repairs be performed by an authorized service center. They will trouble shoot and diagnose your unit to contact Dometic to obtain authorization to provide warrantable repairs.
Local service center may be located at www.dometic.com or if you would like to provide a city and state we can provide a list for you.

Service centers may provide mobile service, however Dometic warranty does not reimburse for the mobile fee.

Sarah Newton
Retail Customer Service Specialist
Phone 1-800-544-4881
customersupportcenter@dometic.com
Dometic North America Elkhart United States of America
When doing my RML8555 replacement under warranty the local Authorized Service Center was very leery and first wanted me to pay upfront in case Dometic stiffed them. I persuaded them to just do it reminding them I was local and not going anywhere in case there was a problem. Sure felt like they have been there before and it's like medical offices dealing with insurance companies, probably worse. This service center- long established-has dropped RV servicing recently and only does diesel repair on large motorhomes.

Might be a reason why ETI is not a Dometic Authorized Center
__________________
"We gotta get as far away as we can!"
- Russell Casse, Independence Day
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:23 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 13,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Here's the response he got from Dometic when he asked for help.


Yes, it is. But what was the issue that should have prompted a different response?
We don't know the appliance in question or if it was under warranty at the time.

If we did, perhaps somebody has a parts source or installation info to help Paul.
__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:43 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Might be a reason why ETI is not a Dometic Authorized Center
No, it is because you need to be trained by Dometic and need to do enough maintenance work to justify these costs. Most customers would go elsewhere anyway with Escape being too far.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:46 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 14,161
When I needed my A/C replaced under warranty I phoned a few of the shops in town and they said I could set something up for a couple months out for a service inspection. I finally phone a qualified mobile service guy who swung by later that day, so the unit was kaput, ordered a new one and installed in a few weeks later. I did have to pay a discounted travel fee as Dometic only covers in shop work. Great service guy, and great resultant.
__________________

__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×