Dometic Freezer Door Shelf Quest - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2019, 09:15 PM   #1
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Dometic Freezer Door Shelf Quest

I am on a quest and wondered if anyone here can help? Our Dometic refrigerator/freezer DM2663LBX came with only 1 clear freezer door shelf. It works well but we notice there is a place for a 2nd identical shelf just above it. We could definitely put a 2nd shelf to good use!

We called ETI and learned they do not carry spare freezer door shelves so we contacted Dometic to see about ordering a 2nd shelf. It is indeed possible, but we feel a bit hesitant to order it since it is sold only in a kit with several other bigger shelves and items at: $68.78 plus tax and shipping. Ugh. We don't need a bunch of other shelves....

So, has anyone else found a good place to get an extra freezer door shelf by itself, anywhere? Per Dometic, the ID number is #207 and the service part kit number is #29325760655. The owner's manual says the specific shelf number is #2932577048. I'm striking out with Amazon and everywhere else I can think of.

BTW The freezer and refrigerator door shelves look identical but are not the same length. The Freezer door shelves are 16 inches long; the refrigerator shelves are 17.75 inches long. I can find the refrigerator shelves by themselves on various websites but not the freezer door shelf.

Any leads welcome! Thanks in advance. -Bea
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7333.jpg  
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:30 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
If the manual number is correct... GetRVParts... Dometic 2932577048 RV Refrigerator Door Shelf Clear - GetRVParts
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:10 PM   #3
Bea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
If the manual number is correct... GetRVParts... Dometic 2932577048 RV Refrigerator Door Shelf Clear - GetRVParts
Thanks Donna....but I should have mentioned that I already tried GetRVParts.com. They had the correct part number listed, but without a picture or dimensions and they sent me a 9 inch long shelf, instead. Trying to return that now. The funny thing is, the 9 inch one that GetRVParts sent me has the very same Dometic part number on it - same as the 16 inch shelf, listed in our manual?? Very confusing....so feeling cautious about these guys now. Just hoping there's another place out there with a 16 inch freezer shelf... Thanks!!! -Bea
Old 09-03-2019, 10:13 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
Thanks Donna....but I should have mentioned that I already tried GetRVParts.com.
Well crumb! I guess it would be best to call if in doubt. Good luck!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:32 PM   #5
Bea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Well crumb! I guess it would be best to call if in doubt. Good luck!
Thank you Donna!
Old 09-03-2019, 11:07 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Thanks Donna....but I should have mentioned that I already tried GetRVParts.com. They had the correct part number listed, but without a picture or dimensions and they sent me a 9 inch long shelf, instead. Trying to return that now. The funny thing is, the 9 inch one that GetRVParts sent me has the very same Dometic part number on it - same as the 16 inch shelf, listed in our manual?? Very confusing....so feeling cautious about these guys now. Just hoping there's another place out there with a 16 inch freezer shelf... Thanks!!! -Bea
I think I may have found the problem. Dometic changed the freezer door to a different style a few years back. Of course, we have the new style.

Below is a pic of the older style Dm2663. The freezer shelf that your part number references fits the older style like in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Dometic DM2663 inside.jpg  
Old 09-03-2019, 11:17 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 19'
our 2017 19 trailer the 2663 has the juice rack (never figured out what else to use it for)... the new style rack seem more useful for sure.
caddoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:21 AM   #8
Bea

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
I think I may have found the problem. Dometic changed the freezer door to a different style a few years back. Of course, we have the new style.

Below is a pic of the older style Dm2663. The freezer shelf that your part number references fits the older style like in the pic.
Oh!! That would explain it! Hummm I wonder if my manual is for the older model DM2663.... The quest continues....I feel like we're getting warmer! Thanks tdf-texas! -Bea
Old 08-02-2020, 02:45 PM   #9

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
I am on a quest and wondered if anyone here can help? Our Dometic refrigerator/freezer DM2663LBX came with only 1 clear freezer door shelf. It works well but we notice there is a place for a 2nd identical shelf just above it. We could definitely put a 2nd shelf to good use!

We called ETI and learned they do not carry spare freezer door shelves so we contacted Dometic to see about ordering a 2nd shelf. It is indeed possible, but we feel a bit hesitant to order it since it is sold only in a kit with several other bigger shelves and items at: $68.78 plus tax and shipping. Ugh. We don't need a bunch of other shelves....

So, has anyone else found a good place to get an extra freezer door shelf by itself, anywhere? Per Dometic, the ID number is #207 and the service part kit number is #29325760655. The owner's manual says the specific shelf number is #2932577048. I'm striking out with Amazon and everywhere else I can think of.

BTW The freezer and refrigerator door shelves look identical but are not the same length. The Freezer door shelves are 16 inches long; the refrigerator shelves are 17.75 inches long. I can find the refrigerator shelves by themselves on various websites but not the freezer door shelf.

Any leads welcome! Thanks in advance. -Bea
Found it! Do a Google search for Dometic 3316081902. it's 16" x 3".

Dometic 3316081902 RV Refrigerator Freezer Door Shelf Clear - GetRVParts
Attached Thumbnails
dometic-3316081902.jpg  
Old 08-03-2020, 12:29 PM   #10
Bea

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Found it! Do a Google search for Dometic 3316081902. it's 16" x 3".

Dometic 3316081902 RV Refrigerator Freezer Door Shelf Clear - GetRVParts
Wow! What a nice surprise! Thank you tdf-texas! Your timing couldn't be better. I was just about to post about my 'Hey, Bubba, look what I made' shelf but now you have offered a far superior extra freezer shelf for everyone.

GetRVParts must've added this freezer shelf recently, which is nice because the shorter shelf I got from them previously and 'modded', fits both ends in the freezer perfectly. (I just cut it in half and glued an extra plastic shelf-piece between them.) This one you found looks like a perfect match in size to the original freezer shelf. Thanks again for taking the time to respond with your find!! -Bea
Old 09-08-2020, 04:34 PM   #11

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C
Thanks to Bea's persistence and Tom's help I got the upper door self for my fridge freezer too!
viator36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:17 AM   #12
Bea

Quote:
Originally Posted by viator36 View Post
Thanks to Bea's persistence and Tom's help I got the upper door self for my fridge freezer too!
Great to hear!!! I find it very useful! -Bea