Dometic fridge warranty work - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Re: Dometic fridge warranty work

Never mind the fridge. How was the fishing?

baglo
Old 08-07-2012, 10:37 PM   #22

Trailer: 2012- 17'B.... 2016 Tacoma SR5 TRD

The fishing was sparse, too hot. A few in the late evening after sun set. The day time temps where in the 37c and 41c on Sunday.Cooling down to 12.6c at about 12:00 am. Cool enough to sleep,Nice. The lake looked like it was about to turn over and full of green algae along the shore and there is mill-foil in areas.
Glimpse lake looked to be in better shape but didn't do any fishing there.My gear was back at Salmon Lake.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19

The issue with the refer door seems limited to the single axle 17 foot model. I feel the dual axle 19 foot rides a lot smoother than my previous 17 single axle. I left a cup of coffee in the sink, still upright and unspilled, 100 miles later. This maybe the issue vs the refer itself.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #24

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th

I have a theory that goes like this, "Anything that needs locktite at all needs red locktite" they say its permanent but its not at all. Blue is just for people not willing to try hard enough
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #25

Trailer: 2012- 17'B.... 2016 Tacoma SR5 TRD

Yep, Only chickens use blue Loctite. The rest use RED.! or go home 8)... And as far as wash board goes, I don't care if you got 20 axles on the RV. the fridge door may come off with out due cause. Unless you drive at 3.2kms/hr. and have the wife hold on to the door.Which I may add is dangerous for any one involved..,
Best thing is to keep the beer in a cooler on ice and the heck with the bacon and eggs. Ha.!
OH, I once forgot a can of, lets say liquid on the rear bumper and drove 50k at about 120k on Hi/way-99 and when i got home it was still there and colder than when I left.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #26

Trailer: 2009 17B - Escape Pod

I'll definitely apply the Loctite (red of course!) before our next trip, and beer in a cooler sounds better that squeezing three at at time in between the veggies. The scars are so deep from past experiences that we will still use the bungy for awhile!

With respect to safety, just to be clear, I'm not talking about great distances at highway speed! I'm talking about the last couple of miles, at five mph, with a radio. It wasn't exactly living on the edge, but you are correct, not approved practice.
ddevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #27

Trailer: 2014 5TA/ *012 17B (previous)
We have had the same problem with our 3cuft door....how do you get the plastic off the top to get at the top hinge?
'Have No Regrets'
Chapitre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #28

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Martin, was that the first time you tried to use A/C for the refrigerator? You have it set to that, right? You checked the pedestal electric, I assume. Whatever you do, with a new refrigerator, it is a very bad idea to do it yourself. Dometic would likely claim you voided the warranty if you take anything apart or do much at all. I have noticed that the door will not shut properly if the Escape is not level and it supposedly needs to be level for the refrigerator to not become damaged.

I had seen so many stories of food and liquid on the floor that I try not to have that as a possibility. No weight in the door, liquids in a cooler in the vehicle except for a little bottle of olive oil in the crisper (after someone had oil all over the floor and slipped on it to boot). Rarely do I even put any other liquid in there. We also have those bars now going across but they don't seem very reliable. The most weight goes into the crisper and in the lower area next to it. I also have some nonskid material along the bottom that is also under the crisper to help keep everything from moving.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #29

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Martin, was that the first time you tried to use A/C for the refrigerator? You have it set to that, right? You checked the pedestal electric, I assume. Whatever you do, with a new refrigerator, it is a very bad idea to do it yourself. Dometic would likely claim you voided the warranty if you take anything apart or do much at all. I have noticed that the door will not shut properly if the Escape is not level and it supposedly needs to be level for the refrigerator to not become damaged.

I had seen so many stories of food and liquid on the floor that I try not to have that as a possibility. No weight in the door, liquids in a cooler in the vehicle except for a little bottle of olive oil in the crisper (after someone had oil all over the floor and slipped on it to boot). Rarely do I even put any other liquid in there. We also have those bars now going across but they don't seem very reliable. The most weight goes into the crisper and in the lower area next to it. I also have some nonskid material along the bottom that is also under the crisper to help keep everything from moving.
You have that right. I added a LED light & door magnet to mine (not electrically attached to the refrigerator) to my 5.0 Cu Ft, and Dometic tried to void my warranty. Of course, that was after they replaced the heater, and the entire cooling unit. Maybe they were getting tired of me!