Dometic RM2454 / DM2663 door hinge - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-18-2017, 12:34 PM   #41

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I just checked mine, I have the single door new style. It has metal hinges on both top and bottom.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:21 PM   #42

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I just went out to the trailer to lend a critical eye to my MD2663. The hinges seem quite substantial, but it would have been nice to have a tougher latch than the plastic one, but it did hold to a VERY strong tug. I hate carrying spare parts, but a spare handle might not be a bad thing.
https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-38511.../dp/B00Q015XZ0
To back up Jim on this one, both of our handles were cracked. I contacted Dometic and they quickly sent replacements. So, if your DM2663 is still under warranty, I recommend checking the handles and ,if cracked, ask for Dometic replacements. The plastic is quite thin where it cracked.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0408.jpg  

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:48 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
This model is the larger 2 door model, is it not?
Old 07-17-2017, 04:04 PM   #44

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
This model is the larger 2 door model, is it not?
Yes, separate doors for the fridge and freezer.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:38 AM   #45

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0
Too much movement on top hinge of refrig door

Hello. I came to this discussion because we are having some issues now with our Dometic refrigerator door model RML 8555 in our 2013 Escape 5. The upper hinge has too much movement, it moves from side to side, causing the door to maybe not properly seal when closed. The plastic female hole had a small piece break off, but we have been able to glue that back on. What can we do about this extra movement? That can't be good. Thanks for any response. ( As this was bought used, I did not know to not load the door with heavy items. So, even though the door has never opened while traveling, I am sure those heavy items have taken a toll on the hinge area).
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0573.jpg  
vfarsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 02:15 PM   #46

Trailer: 2015 17b "Shelly"
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfarsch View Post
Hello. I came to this discussion because we are having some issues now with our Dometic refrigerator door model RML 8555 in our 2013 Escape 5. The upper hinge has too much movement, it moves from side to side, causing the door to maybe not properly seal when closed. The plastic female hole had a small piece break off, but we have been able to glue that back on. What can we do about this extra movement? That can't be good. Thanks for any response. ( As this was bought used, I did not know to not load the door with heavy items. So, even though the door has never opened while traveling, I am sure those heavy items have taken a toll on the hinge area).

I don't know if this will work for you but this is how I fixed the hinge on my 8851 fridge over 2 years ago and the fix is still working perfectly.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...air-13103.html

hope this helps