Dometic RMD pull out - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2016, 06:01 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Dometic RMD pull out

Hello, I would like to pull out the refrigerator so I can run a battery monitor cable and mount the monitor above the refrigerator with the EMS and other gauges. Looks like I just have to disconnect the propane, AC and DC in back and undo the four screws in the refrigerator frame and just slide it out? I would also like to inspect the baffle plate and possibly add additional insulation if needed. Thanks, Scott
AK snowbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:12 PM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
You got it. As it's a pretty tight fit, I pulled off the wood grain trim around the fridge and reinstalled after with a pin nailer, but don't know if I really needed to.

Found it easiest to push it from the outside as opposed to pulling it out, at least to get it started.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:21 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
You got it. As it's a pretty tight fit, I pulled off the wood grain trim around the fridge and reinstalled after with a pin nailer, but don't know if I really needed to.

Found it easiest to push it from the outside as opposed to pulling it out, at least to get it started.
"A pretty tight fit ... " doesn't begin to describe how tight mine was. Ultimately, once all the connections and screws were removed, I resorted to placing a length of 2x4 against the back two feet and beat it out with a 4 lb. hammer. I too had no need to remove the trim.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:36 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post

Thanks Bob, Rich, yeah it’s a crazy tight fit, already took the trim off. No room at all with the trim on. During the build we had Escape run a monitor wire to the cabinet above the sink but after spending some time with the trailer, decided for us the best place for the monitor is above the fridge. What a great resource this group is, thanks again. Scott

I like bikes!
AK snowbiker is offline   Reply With Quote