Drymesh or hypervent under matress - Page 11 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-21-2016, 11:56 AM   #101
Senior Member
 
Ruthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Highland Park, New Jersey
Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Posts: 760
I recently unearthed this thread because my daughter was having condensation problems under the mattresses in her tent trailer. It hasn't totally solved the problem, but the dry mesh has helped a lot.
__________________

Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:41 PM   #102
Commercial Member
 
tractors1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Posts: 2,134
substitute material?

Found this stuff at a construction materials recycling center; looks exactly like drymesh/hypervent material. Designed for use behind brick veneer on houses - any construction types out there familiar with it? Mortairvent® CW Mortar Deflection & Ventilation System | Advanced Building Products
__________________

__________________
Charlie Y

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:20 PM   #103
Senior Member
 
Kent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Bozeman, Montana
Trailer: 2017 5.0TA In my future
Posts: 131
Given it's intended use I would imagine it would be more like heater filter material and would not have the stiffness or strength to hold mattress off the base or deck. You would need to determine how stiff and dense it is.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Found this stuff at a construction materials recycling center; looks exactly like drymesh/hypervent material. Designed for use behind brick veneer on houses - any construction types out there familiar with it? Mortairvent® CW Mortar Deflection & Ventilation System | Advanced Building Products
__________________
Previous Casita and Lazy Daze Owner and future 5.0TA owner.

"Live Life as if everything is rigged in your favor"
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:24 PM   #104
Senior Member
 
Vermilye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oswego, New York
Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B, 2016 Tacoma Off Road, 2017 21 pick up August, 2017
Posts: 1,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Given it's intended use I would imagine it would be more like heater filter material and would not have the stiffness or strength to hold mattress off the base or deck. You would need to determine how stiff and dense it is.
Another thing to check is the surface. One of the things I like about Dry Mesh is it is soft enough that it doesn't scratch the table top. Friends that have a Scamp & used Hypervent ended up with surface scratched on the table.

Still, since I can't find a supplier outside of the UK for Dry Mesh, with shipping it is going to be an expensive order...
__________________
Jon Vermilye My Travel Blog
Travel and Photo Web Page ... My Collection of RV Blogs 2016 Tacoma 2011 17B
Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:24 PM   #105
Commercial Member
 
tractors1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Posts: 2,134
The stuff I found is pretty stiff and close to 3/4 inch thick; it's not a woven material, and we only need it under the mattress of our 21 - we don't use the rear dinette as a bed area. Might just buy a roll to play with. At $10 can't go too far wrong.
__________________
Charlie Y

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:12 PM   #106
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Houston, Texas
Trailer: '87 Bigfoot 20DLX 5er (sold) - 2017 Escape 5.0 TA (7-Sep-17)
Posts: 280
I look forward to hearing whether you like it. The price is certainly attractive!
ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:17 PM   #107
Senior Member
 
Kent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Bozeman, Montana
Trailer: 2017 5.0TA In my future
Posts: 131
Just wondering for those with 5.0 models, if the entire deck under the bed was carpeted do you think a pad such as those that have been described on this thread, would be necessary?

It is my understanding only the sides between bed and exterior side walls are carpeted and the area under the bed is not, but you can request to haven entire bed area carpeted?
__________________
Previous Casita and Lazy Daze Owner and future 5.0TA owner.

"Live Life as if everything is rigged in your favor"
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:28 PM   #108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Just wondering for those with 5.0 models, if the entire deck under the bed was carpeted do you think a pad such as those that have been described on this thread, would be necessary?

It is my understanding only the sides between bed and exterior side walls are carpeted and the area under the bed is not, but you can request to haven entire bed area carpeted?
Ours was carpeted under the mattress (was not asked), I think the older trailers were carpeted down each side.
Not sure if the hyper vent is needed, but did place it under the mattress. I also cut a couple of extra pieces to go under the head end of the mattress, it makes sleeping a bit more comfortable.
__________________
Chris
Chris R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:52 PM   #109
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: paso robles, California
Trailer: ex Casita/ 2016 Escape 21 '16 TRD 4x4
Posts: 113
I was looking at one of the marine forums (cruisers forum) and one of the individuals had installed dri-dek under the mattress. All we need is air circulation and most folks like me had to order a case when I did our bathroom-so I have some left over.
Jerry
jerryandmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:11 PM   #110
Senior Member
 
Kent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Bozeman, Montana
Trailer: 2017 5.0TA In my future
Posts: 131
Thanks Chris, hopefully it is standard and won't have to ask for the upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Ours was carpeted under the mattress (was not asked), I think the older trailers were carpeted down each side.
Not sure if the hyper vent is needed, but did place it under the mattress. I also cut a couple of extra pieces to go under the head end of the mattress, it makes sleeping a bit more comfortable.
__________________

__________________
Previous Casita and Lazy Daze Owner and future 5.0TA owner.

"Live Life as if everything is rigged in your favor"
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.