Electric Awning Remote Replacement - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2019, 01:52 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19'er + 2018 Highlander
Electric Awning Remote Replacement

In case you need to replace the Dometic electric awning remote controller, for at least the 2018 model trailers, its part number probably is:

Dometic Model: 3316518.001

Here’s the back story why I’m telling you this:

Sometime in the late summer or early fall we lost our Dometic electric awning controller. Of course, I have no idea where. All I know is I went to run the awning out several weeks ago, and the controller was missing.

So I called Dometic. After working thru their somewhat burdensome customer service telephone tree, and waiting an (un?)reasonable amount of time on hold, the customer service representative indicated that they needed the model # of our automatic awning. That’s reasonable. But the “catch-22” was… The model number is buried inside the awing, which of course I couldn’t open without the controller!

So I contacted parts & service at ETI and Dustin got right back to me with the awning’s model number (201NS12.003B).

I called Dometic again, navigated thru their telephone tree again, waited on a rather long hold again, gave the awning model # to the customer service person, and she gave me a part number for what she said was the awning remote. Fine so far. She also suggested I look on the web for Dometic retailers because many times their retailers offer accessories at a lower price then Dometic.

Sure enough, Panther Products offered the said remote for a bit less so I ordered it from Panther.

The remote controller arrive a couple of days later, it was the correct part #, but the wrong remote! Dometic had given me the wrong part # for the remote. Also as an aside, Panther enclosed the manual for a completely different remote, which didn’t match either the remote shipped, nor the one I needed. I immediately return the wrong remote (and wrong manual) to Panther and am awaiting for a refund (minus their 15% restocking charge, since the issue wasn’t caused by Panther).

So… I again contacted Dustin at ETI, and he promptly sent me a picture of the backside of the remote with the Dometic model # (the one listed at the top of the missive so it’s easy for you to find again if you need it).

I again called Dometic, navigated thru their telephone tree, waited on hold for an irritating length of time, gave the new part number to the customer service rep, decided I’d pay Dometic’s full price (to keep third parties out of the transaction if it went awry again) and was told it take about 60 days for delivery because they were out of stock. Probably being out of stock of a replace part at the end of the season is reasonable. And...

The correct remote arrived in 7 days.

Well… If you need it, I hope you have a better experience with Dometic customer service than I’ve had. But… at least I finally did receive the correct remote. And we can use our awning again!

And... SUPER BIG KUDOS to Dustin at ETI for being so responsive to one of their customer's needs.
EscapeBoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 02:14 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yes, both Dave and Dustin have been exemplary in their customer service for ETI....
Old 05-08-2021, 08:36 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19'
Dometic remote

Our remote has gone missing, gah! Does anyone know if a new one will need to be re-paired and, if so, so you have the instructions?

Many thanks!
TesaLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 09:56 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TesaLD View Post
Our remote has gone missing, gah! Does anyone know if a new one will need to be re-paired and, if so, so you have the instructions?

Many thanks!
I'd suggest you contact the factory first......