Escape factory parts - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2017, 10:53 AM   #1

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Escape factory parts

Is it possible to buy replacement factory parts online? I don't see a "parts department" on the Escape website.
Thanks,
Glenn
gwolfe@wvi.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:08 AM   #2

Trailer: 2012 Escape-19
You can call and ask for parts. I tried E mail but talking to someone seems to works best. Eddie
elongest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:33 AM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Since ETI doesn't manufacturer anything except the frame, body and cabinetry... I'd try closer to home at RV parts places, or Amazon, etc. Then, you have that international shipping stuff from ETI to the US. Just a suggestion.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:40 AM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
If you do have anything you order from ETI they will usually send it down with the delivery drivers to Sumas and mail it in US. That at least is what they have done so far with my parts.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:33 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Not too many parts are unique to Escape, so when I need one I email and ask for a price. Usually I get a reply within a week, then call to order with a credit card.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:02 PM   #6

Thanks for your messages.

Very helpful, thank you.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Since ETI doesn't manufacturer anything except the frame, body and cabinetry... I'd try closer to home at RV parts places, or Amazon, etc. Then, you have that international shipping stuff from ETI to the US. Just a suggestion.
Closer to home is a nice thought, it would be nicer if a list of manufacturers of the parts they buy would be good . Then you could just plug in the manufacturer and model or go to their website and find the item you need to replace.

Cypher
Cypherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 10:17 PM   #8

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
You get instruction manuals for all the systems when you pick up your trailer. Parts, or, at least phone numbers are in the manual.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You get instruction manuals for all the systems when you pick up your trailer. Parts, or, at least phone numbers are in the manual.
Yep if you buy it new . Case in point could you tell me and Tractors who supplied the storage box latches ? Mind you I have not called Escape yet as it has not annoyed me enough but it is getting there.

Cypher
Old 08-06-2017, 10:26 PM   #10

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I don't have the storage box.
Not sure how ETI would be expected to notify owners, and new owners every time they changed some hinge or whatever. Manufacturers stop production of items all the time ( like my front opening window and rock guard ).
You might search Lee Valley Tools - Online Catalogs
They have an extensive catalogue of hardware.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I don't have the storage box.
Not sure how ETI would be expected to notify owners, and new owners every time they changed some hinge or whatever. Manufacturers stop production of items all the time ( like my front opening window and rock guard ).
You might search Lee Valley Tools - Online Catalogs
They have an extensive catalogue of hardware.
Thanks Gbaglo I was just making my point, all ETI would have to do is post a list of past and current suppliers for items you do not get a manual or information sheet for. I have been on and off looking for almost a year at this point. Not a huge issue for me as of yet . Just commenting it would be nice if they could put it on their website and it would alleviate their office staff having to look these things up. Have a good one.

Cypher
Old 08-06-2017, 10:42 PM   #12

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
I have to say here that I know of no manufacturer of any durable goods that would publish a list of suppliers of component parts of their product. Not only would it be an exhausting endeavor what with changes to every little screw and whatnot but it would probably be considered proprietary information.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:33 AM   #13

Trailer: Looking for 15b
I think the original poster may have been thinking along the line of an online store like Casita and Scamp where you can order their commonly used parts and it is very helpful.
As others have mentioned it would save some time for ETI staff having to look up some parts and would also show what the current parts are that they are using if someone with an older trailer wanted to upgrade.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 02:22 AM   #14

I should have added to my original posting that I don't think it unreasonable at all to ask ETI the manufacturer of these particular latches. They are common in that similar ones, if not the exact same ones, were used on the pop-up tent trailer I had years ago.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
Old 08-07-2017, 07:31 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I have to say here that I know of no manufacturer of any durable goods that would publish a list of suppliers of component parts of their product. Not only would it be an exhausting endeavor what with changes to every little screw and whatnot but it would probably be considered proprietary information.
Short version nothing is proprietary when you do not manufacturer of the item the only thing that may be proprietary is how you use it in your design. In the case of basic hardware there is no risk in divulging the information. Anyone who wanted to steel ideas just needs to go to their website or visit the trailers and take pictures.

You would be correct if we were talking about designs , fiberglass formulas etc. In his case we have a manufacturer who has not service centers and a cost factor do to international shipping etc. Moreover, the parts I am referring to are items Escape does not manufacture only uses in the building of their proprietary product. Think of it this way your car comes with bulbs of all types you can get a bulb from anywhere that fits your car from many manufacturers as the sockets they fit into are standard. Same goes for screws and bolts and basic assembly parts. Even some upkeep parts oil, air, gas filters, tires, brakes etc

Posting a list of manufactures and part numbers used on what model and year in an excel spread sheet though daunting to gather the initial information after It was done it would be handy. Saving the office folks a lot of time and owners aggravation replacing worn or broken parts. If the manufacturer not longer makes it ok then you figure out what you want to do but you might still find it in a secondary market ebay etc.

I just recently replaced my vent caps it took me about 2 hours to track down the OEM manufacturer and order them really not a problem. But if you look here a lot of folks could not find them and replaced the whole assembly increasing the cost and time to repair where as if the list was on their site you go there find the company find the parts. (Btw I posted the maker and where to buy them in the appropriate thread)

Cypher
Old 08-07-2017, 07:41 AM   #16

Origen of thread . . .

I started the thread because I may need to replace one of the window blinds on my new-to-me E19. Being a former Casita owner, which does offer a catalog and order form for some items on their website, I thought perhaps Escape did as well.
Thanks for your input and an interesting discussion.
Glenn
Old 08-07-2017, 07:59 AM   #17
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Glenn, Escape could probably sell you the parts for the blind, or give you the product info to order direct from the manufacturer. I would just give them a call.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:17 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
I think the original poster may have been thinking along the line of an online store like Casita and Scamp where you can order their commonly used parts...
Yes, I agree. There is a vast difference between having an online store, with parts available to be sold to the public, and publishing a list of every component used in production along with the manufacturer of that component.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
Old 09-07-2017, 01:18 PM   #19

Trailer: 2014 E21
I just ordered from Escape a toggle-latch for the front window shield and the weather stripping for the emergency exit window. My initial email to ETI was answered in less than 3 hours with prices and a photo of the latch (to confirm that the part was correct).

The contact info is as follows:
Anita Quinville, Inventory Control and Customer Service
Escape Trailer Industries
43851 Industrial Way, Bldg. B
Chilliwack, BC, V2R 4L2

Tel: 604 703 1650
Toll Free: 1 855 703 1650
Fax: 604 703 1651
Email: partsandservice@escapetrailer.com
Old 09-07-2017, 03:34 PM   #20
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by abby View Post
I just ordered from Escape a toggle-latch for the front window shield and the weather stripping for the emergency exit window. My initial email to ETI was answered in less than 3 hours with prices and a photo of the latch (to confirm that the part was correct).

The contact info is as follows:
Anita Quinville, Inventory Control and Customer Service
Escape Trailer Industries
43851 Industrial Way, Bldg. B
Chilliwack, BC, V2R 4L2

Tel: 604 703 1650
Toll Free: 1 855 703 1650
Fax: 604 703 1651
Email: partsandservice@escapetrailer.com
You did better than me - I wanted a bathroom sink for my 21 and it took almost 3 weeks of emails (and pictures) to figure out which sink and get it ordered. The sink design changed for 2017s.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote