Escape single mold construction question - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #1

Trailer: 17
Escape single mold construction question

Do I understand it right that The Escape is the only fiberglass trailer that is seamed together while still in the mold. Most others seam the two halves together once the shells are out of the mold. Then, if this is true, is it seamed together while the two halves are still curing....Making it a chemical bond?

What I was wondering if you could call escape a single mold trailer. IF that wold be the true statement, Then could we say escape is the only single molded RV trailer in the world

Help me get on track here.
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:18 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Re: Escape single mold construction question

Hi: gocamp...They still use 2 molds for the body: Upper and Lower+ one for the door I think. The best thing about the joining B4 de molding I feel is the alignment of the halves being accurate and then the actual joining of them to setup together. I have not had the chance to see this in action but would love to. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:30 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Trailer: All Escape(s)
Re: Escape single mold construction question

Yes the two halves are bonded together while still in the molds, however the two halves are already cured before the seaming. Wouldn't qualify as single mold

For the first two years of production (approx 30 units) the top and bottom halves were joined after being demolded. It was a very diffiicult process and every unit was a bit different in some way or another as they never joined the same. The new system is an exact fit every time as Alf mentioned....which is very important when you are using templates for all the interior walls and cabinetry.

Reace
reace is offline   Reply With Quote