External AC GFCI popped from? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2015, 07:14 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 19'
External AC GFCI popped from?

Our outside AC has worked fine (2014 19') until yesterday. Every time I reset it it pops again. Cycled the breaker and nothing is plugged into the outlet near the door. Feel a slight shock at times to my finger.

Could moisture from the highway flown into the circuitry and caused this? There are dirty streaks heading that way from the wheel well. Don't want to pull it until we have a few days somewhere.

I think that circuit is only the outside outlet and the one near the door below the counter extension?

Having a great trip south. 6.7 single door running on AC with 3 bars holding 40 ish in 98f with a ARPRV fan and the freezer is removed. Without the freezer compartment it recovers from door openings in a couple hours. See my tinkerer thread for mods etc.

Klem from St. George.
Klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:38 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem View Post
Our outside AC has worked fine (2014 19') until yesterday. Every time I reset it it pops again. Cycled the breaker and nothing is plugged into the outlet near the door. Feel a slight shock at times to my finger.

Could moisture from the highway flown into the circuitry and caused this? There are dirty streaks heading that way from the wheel well. Don't want to pull it until we have a few days somewhere.

I think that circuit is only the outside outlet and the one near the door below the counter extension?

Having a great trip south. 6.7 single door running on AC with 3 bars holding 40 ish in 98f with a ARPRV fan and the freezer is removed. Without the freezer compartment it recovers from door openings in a couple hours. See my tinkerer thread for mods etc.

Klem from St. George.
Hi Klem what is a ARPRV fan ? Soon as I finish cabinet mod with great containers from Charley Y. I am going to pull frig and insulate the whole cabinet and outside of frig . I also purchased the Valtera frig fan to install outside . Pull my freezer ( that hurts ) and see what happens . Is that the same fan ? Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Hi Klem what is a ARPRV fan ? Soon as I finish cabinet mod with great containers from Charley Y. I am going to pull frig and insulate the whole cabinet and outside of frig . I also purchased the Valtera frig fan to install outside . Pull my freezer ( that hurts ) and see what happens . Is that the same fan ? Pat
Check out #211. 6.7 frig tinkering ideas. ARPRV is a company with a web site. I made a stand from an upside down metal trash can to slide it out on😀 if you pull the freezer 2 screws and it can be tucked somewhere and reinstall in cooler climates. I added a plastic container with a bag of ice and pull cubes. It helps too.

Will post more when we return.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:44 PM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot 25T21RB
Quote:

Klem from St. George.
RE: GFCI Circuit requiring reset. Moisture is often the culprit. Make sure the circuit has no power to it and dry/clean the outlet connections carefully. Dielectric grease works well at keeping moisture out of connections once it is really clean and dry. You never want to get any kind of shock from an AC circuit - even a small tickle is definitely a sign of something that needs to be addressed.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:53 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Check out #211. 6.7 frig tinkering ideas. ARPRV is a company with a web site. I made a stand from an upside down metal trash can to slide it out on😀 if you pull the freezer 2 screws and it can be tucked somewhere and reinstall in cooler climates. I added a plastic container with a bag of ice and pull cubes. It helps too.

Will post more when we return.
Got it . Thanks . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
RE: GFCI Circuit requiring reset. Moisture is often the culprit. Make sure the circuit has no power to it and dry/clean the outlet connections carefully. Dielectric grease works well at keeping moisture out of connections once it is really clean and dry. You never want to get any kind of shock from an AC circuit - even a small tickle is definitely a sign of something that needs to be addressed.

That was it, I blew it out with air and let it dry in the hot sun with the hatch cover propped open. It's fine now. I'm going to add a deflector below it so tire slash can't do it again.

Thank you!