False Reading Black Tanks - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2018, 12:45 PM   #41

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I dump at the last place we camp at before getting home. When home, if needed I clean out the toilet throat and blast the bottom of the tank. I then dump that into a 5 gallon bucket, usually about 1/2 way, and dump it in the house toilet. I've been doing it long enough where it doesn't bother me.

Once in a while Ive needed to take a drive to the waste disposal plant in the next town where it stinks but it's free to dump.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:14 PM   #42

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
yes but when you clean out the toilet at home don't you have to dump it after?-hitch up and haul to a dump station? or just leave it ?
We are lucky a few years back had a trenchless system installed that goes to the street .From the 1994 earthquake a section of the clay sewer broke .so at each end we have a cleanout per our city code . We can hook up to sewer at home . Yes we dump into the clean outs at home . The trenchless system is what the city uses but larger plumbing pipes . Ours is 5 in in diameter . It is one continuous pipe running from the house snub down to the street sewer . We have 2 clean outs , one near the snub at house and the other down nearer the street sewer hookup. Very handy . During 1994 Earthquake lived in our little motorhome for 6-7 mo in driveway . Once a week had to move motorhome and go and dump . Now we can hook to sewer at home . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote