Finalizing Build Sheet - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2015, 09:21 AM   #21

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Be still my heart! Just discovered amazon has a selection of 12V flat irons!!!
Old 06-17-2015, 09:47 AM   #22
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Jean View Post
Charlie, can you give me the dimensions of your shelves in the hanging closet and the pull out shelves? This looks to be what we're looking to do. Ordered 21' due to be ready Jan 2016. Thanks!
Carla Jean
Here's the source for the drawers, one will also fit under the kitchen sink side of a 21: http://www.rolloutkitchendrawers.com/

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:12 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Yes, we have the info on the plastic drawers, and if we have ETI build the shelves, we need to give them the width of each shelf. We don't want to reinvent the wheel on these, and your photo looks to be the right size. Actually, does anyone know the width of the entire closet? Maybe we should start there.
Thanks!
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:31 AM   #24

Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 Silverado 2500 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDarby View Post
Be still my heart! Just discovered amazon has a selection of 12V flat irons!!!
Thanks Ellen! Definitely have to check that out!!!
Lucy
Joe Walsh
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:41 AM   #25

Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 Silverado 2500 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
Hi Emilio and Christine. We turned our build sheet in on May 19 and have the inverter as we plan to be off grid quite a bit. The name of our trailer will be under the rear window. I can't think of a better place. As for the shelf, we added one 10" from the bottom. This is just kind of a guess and I don't know how it will work out but this was kind of what Crystal at ETI thought worked pretty well. We are picking up Sept. 10th. Loren
Welcome Emilio and Christine!
We turned in our final build sheet yesterday! By our records it was sheet number 10... Until you sign it there's so much to think about, we made and changed things based a lot on info on the forum... These folks sure do have a wealth of knowledge - and we are thankful to them !! And now NO MORE CHANGES!
We decided to take out the hanging rod and add 2 shelves...also will put the name of our trailer under the rear window as well.
Our Orientation is Sept 8th! Seems like we can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel!
Loren and Cathy... Maybe we will see you in the vicinity... We hope to camp a few days up there before heading down the coast.
Joe Walsh
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:04 PM   #26

Trailer: 2007 Scamp, 5th wheel
Why not wait until you get it to decide? It is easy to add shelves yourselves.
We pick our 5th wheel up next month. We are sailors...spend a few months a year on the boat....and I use a portable inverter when I need it. We live on 12v and propane on the boat, so I have 12v plugs for most everything.
We will use solar on the camper as we do a lot of boondocking....and we also do deep winter camping for a month or so each winter. We do have a Honda 2000 that we used on the last camper, but are not even bringing it out with us to get the new camper. The solar will take care of things.

We will not need the a/c out there because we live in the subtropics and no matter how hot or buggy it is in the NW, it will seem fine to us!

We plan to spend 3 months in BC, Alberta, and Montana before heading home via Michigan's UP.

We plan to use the wardrobe 100% with shelving and have ordered a combined "closet" where the pantry and microwave normally will go. I need the space for winter...parkas and the like. Will put the microwave on the cabinet next to the front door.

But, we are waiting to see what's what before we put in the shelves. You can get a lot more clothing on shelves than hanging. When you go for months at a time over several climates, you learn to pack and how to make the most of the space.

So, don't fret. It will be fine and you can make adjustments after you get the unit.
dan green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:29 PM   #27

Trailer: 2015 21'
Thank you everyone for all the information and ideas. We are super excited to get our Escape in September. Since we have solar and don't need to power much in the way of electric devices, we opted to scratch the inverter. Worst case, we get a portable one down the road. We also decided to bag the shelf in the wardrobe. It makes sense to spend some time to see what our needs really are after we are out in "Hops" for awhile.
Cmellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:59 PM   #28

Trailer: 2005 Escape 17B Sold 2016. 2016 Escape 19 Sold 2019. 2019 Escape 21 picked up Sep 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmellon View Post
It makes sense to spend some time to see what our needs really are after we are out in "Hops" for awhile.
Love the name. I'll bet you're a beer drinker!
sallemann is offline   Reply With Quote