Fridge - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2015, 02:58 PM   #51

Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A/2015 21 coming in march
I sure hope that I get the newest version.March 26 p/up date.Thanks for the info.

WLYBGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 03:05 PM   #52

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Custom fridge modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
And who pays for the training, mistakes and Research and Development of these one-of-a-kind mods?
It's quite clear in ETI's brochure what you get in an Escape Trailer for a stated amount of money and the above appliances are not listed.
Singletracker, I think that's what the 'big deal' is.
I agree with J Mac. I think ETI has to be careful about custom installations, as they have to be able to turn a profit. Offering different fridge options require a lot of planning, testing and staff training. Reace has had sound reasons for rejecting some of the ideas I have thrown at him. I know he is doing more than most manufacturers in keeping his customers happy. Where else do you get to discuss your concerns with the designer/manufacturer/owner? Kudos to him and Tammy for the effort they put into keeping us happy.

Bob K

Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 03:16 PM   #53

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
ETI wants to be able to offer as many options as possible, but on the fridge issue, any fridge they install has to provide adequate internal capacity as well as fit through a 22" door. You'd be surprised how few of those there are. Going with one manufacturers series and one type means they can offer a small, medium and large fridge - all of which will fit through the door and have the same width when installed. It also means they can offer the same series to people with solar as those without it, and there is no redesign or change in the build process to accommodate different widths. When I mentioned it to Reace, he made it clear that NovaKool installed by ETI is a non starter. He has his reasons I am sure. I agree with those who suggest you could omit the fridge and install a NovaKool or other suitable compressor fridge yourself. Since you'd get a credit for not having ETI install a fridge, the cost difference would not be that great.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:55 PM   #54

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
I don't think there's anything about a compressor refrigerator installation which needs the factory's facilities. I would be fine with a "delete option" (leave out the stock refrigerator entirely for a credit) and separate installation afterwards, as long as the factory would not cut the vent openings in the body.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 03:57 PM   #55

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
The vent openings might actually work out fine. If you look at Steve's retrofit, the access door gives him easy access to the compressor and wiring, and the roof vent works out well for a fridge that is not self venting to the interior.