Fridge Beep - RMD8555 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2017, 04:31 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
That sounds like a faulty power switch. We press and hold ours for a little under a second, and it powers off.
That is what it did for a long time but not necessarily any more. Used to go off with no problem. Suddenly a problem every time, but last time I think I got it to go off rather easily. Still wondering if the weather might be involved, as with yours.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:23 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape 21NE (our third Escape)
Thank yewwwww

Prior to shakeout #3 SWMBO noticed the beeping. Looked it up in the fridge instructions. Didn't make sense cuz light was going off. (I put my phone on video, shut the door) Then I searched internet and this forum. BOOM - here's my answer. Going out now to pull the plug. It shouldn't be a problem here in Georgia as we have no humidity (snarky sarcastic eyeroll here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Ok, the plot thickens. I think I found the cause of this problem. Came across a thread in a bulletin board with alot of refrigerator technicians discussing the alarm. There was mention of it being an ongoing problem when the fridge is operated in very high humidity. Sure enough, we were operating the fridge last night right on the Gulf coast, where the humidity was near 100 percent and it was raining. You can see the condensation inside the light assembly in the photos. When we had this issue back in March of 2015, we were in the Cascade mountains where there was a lot of rain and fog, humidity near 100 percent also. I'm betting the condensation messes with the circuit. Fix might be to add a bit of silicone to the terminal to prevent any water disrupting the circuit.

Bottom line is that this happened, in both cases, where the humidity was extraordinary high.
Richard in Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:38 AM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard in Georgia View Post
Prior to shakeout #3 SWMBO noticed the beeping. Looked it up in the fridge instructions. Didn't make sense cuz light was going off. (I put my phone on video, shut the door) Then I searched internet and this forum. BOOM - here's my answer. Going out now to pull the plug. It shouldn't be a problem here in Georgia as we have no humidity (snarky sarcastic eyeroll here)
Make sure you leave the door propped open between trips so the fridge can dry out. Its common for excessive moisture to cause the beeping.