Fridge Not Cooling - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #21

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
We are camping at the Colorado River right now and the 4.3 refrigerator is trying real hard to keep everything cold enough. The temp runs between 43 and 53F depending on the outside temp. We are running the AC on max. Yesterday it hit 120F at 2:00 PM. I decided to put a few sensitive perishables in the icebox and everything is good. BTW, this is trip #16 since we bought our 19 last November and by far the hottest trip...not too much fun...even the fishing sucks!

Steve
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #22

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
We're back from our cross-Canada trip. We had to cut it a week short due to what we thought was a broken fridge (see previous posts). We were able to run the fridge on gas but the electric wouldn't work (or so we thought). When we got home yesterday, I had a thought. Maybe it's like a computer.....if it goes haywire and you can't fix it, turn it off, let it sit and then re-start it. Well, I did that today and damned if the fridge doesn't run just fine on the electric setting.

I firmly believe now that the problem was the 35-39C temps and the 90-95% humidity we encountered, and there's nothing wrong with the fridge. Temp here today is a balmy 22C and humidity is 70%. I do find it a bit strange, however, that Dometic would make a fridge that is so susceptible to these variables when many RV'ers live in and visit areas where they are predominant.

We're going to take a previous poster's advice and only travel in areas where we are comfortable and the fridge should work fine.<g>

Doug
NuthatchBC is offline   Reply With Quote