GPS Address for ETI - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2016, 03:32 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 escape trailer 21'
GPS Address for ETI

Does anyone have the GPS address for Escape? Also, for those who have recently crossed the border, how long has it taken you to get thru when you are going from the US to Chilliwack? Any advice as to what/what not to have with you other than the obvious such as firearms? Has anyone encountered any problems with food in vehicle or would it be better to have none? Any other advice?
whitepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 03:44 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
This is as close as I can get for some reason:

49.146448, -122.016661
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 03:57 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
Has anyone encountered any problems with food in vehicle or would it be better to have none? Any other advice?
Check the Canadian Border Services website. Yes, some folks have had some difficulties with trying to bring in certain food items. The list changes from time to time. A good example is eggs. They've been OK and not OK off and on depending on outbreaks.

Not as much a concern if you're arriving without a trailer but if you have a trailer and a lot of different food items it's best to check the list before arriving at the border.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 04:01 PM   #4

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21RB
The coordinates seem close to what I can find: lat:49.14533446, long:-122.01169252
gharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 04:03 PM   #5

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
I've never (knock on wood!) had any problems crossing the border. Be sure to take off your sunglasses so they can match you to the photo on your passport. Be pleasant and don't question why they're asking you things (like why husband isn't with you when you're crossing over to look at the trailer "we're purchasing" - yeah, that "we" got to 'em, I guess). If you have tinted windows they may ask you to roll down the back windows, which was rather a pain in the FJ (you have to open up the back half door which is tricky to do from the driver's seat).

Have your passport opened to your photo. Don't try to joke with them as it usually doesn't work and will make you look stupid.

I've been asked about fruit, meats, firearms, fireworks and I forget what else. I've also been asked how long I'll be up there, after I tell 'em I'm going to the trailer factory. I always carry snacks with me, but I don't bring any fruit, just in case it's not acceptable. Oh, also asked if I'm bringing any gifts or anything else that will be left in Canada.

Usually it's about a 5-10 min crossing from USA to Canada at the Sumas crossing. I've not done the Blaine crossing for years and it's always busier and would take longer. As always, it takes far longer to cross back into the USA than it does leaving. 2 to 3 times as long, usually. Heck if know why, but it's always been that way for me. I keep forgetting to apply for the Nexus pass, which hardly ever has a line (although it was quite long when we crossed back just over a week ago and we never did figure out why).

I've not crossed on weekends, so couldn't tell ya about that.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 04:15 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Take kids with you, it was a breeze going back and forth with children in tow. Probably doesn't fit any profiles.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 04:59 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
Does anyone have the GPS address for Escape? Also, for those who have recently crossed the border, how long has it taken you to get thru when you are going from the US to Chilliwack? Any advice as to what/what not to have with you other than the obvious such as firearms? Has anyone encountered any problems with food in vehicle or would it be better to have none? Any other advice?
The street address got me right there (Garmin). It took me only about 5 minutes or less (at 8 am) to go through the border Friday morning to Canada. Time of day matters, though.

Foods- sometimes they ask, and you are supposed to declare veggies, fruits, and meat. I've had fruit confiscated once (cherries). You need a rabies certificate for any pet though they don't always ask. (I've never been asked at Sumas, only at Blaine.)

Don't stop and buy legal marijuana in Washington and try to bring it in! (Someone yesterday was trying to explain that the pot they were bringing out of Canada was legal because they bought it in Washington before they smuggled it in the previous week.)
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote