Gray water tank capacity concern - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2017, 10:02 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
You are allowed to put a comma anywhere you want for a pause, after any, and every, word, if you like. Totally proper.
That's good to know, because I tend to use too many, I think.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:06 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
While in storage (on my property), my 5.0TA is level. Also, the gray tank valve is open because I run a dehumidifier in it year round to combat humidity. So that I do not have to dump the bucket every couple of days when humidity is very high, I use the hose option and let it drain into the sink, through the grey tank, through a "sewer" cap with a hose cap, and through a hose which waters the root zone of a citrus tree outside of the carport. While in storage I occasionally jack up each side to manually rotate the tires. I can confirm that when the passenger side is jacked up, although I have not attempted to measure it, a lot of water will come out of the grey tank.
If grey tank capacity is an issue for someone camping in a given location for an extended time period, I would recommend a large blue tote tank (I believe mine is 32 gallons and is made by Barker). Although somewhat expensive, the larger ones have pneumatic tires and can be dragged with the tow vehicle to the dump station by hooking the handle over the trailer ball. I chose the 32 gallon size because it can hold the full capacity of either holding tank. I use mine sometimes at home if I fail to dump on the road; I simply drag it to the septic clean out and dump it into the septic tank. IMO, Barker Totes are of much more durable than those made by Thetford.
Where do you carry your 32 gallon blue tote tank?
Old 01-30-2017, 02:03 AM   #23

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by H46Driver View Post
Dear Befuddled,

Just curious if your tank indicators are showing the gray to be empty? If so, and if, when the trailer has been tilted to completely drain, you still can only put 21 gallons in, then it would appear a lot of air is being trapped in the tank. (Wow! I got to use 4 commas in one sentence, proper or not, it was certainly fun).

Signed,
Dear Abby

Thanks Abby. I will go tilt it right now.

See you in a few days Buddy!

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 04:18 AM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
Where do you carry your 32 gallon blue tote tank?
In the back of my truck, if I take it. I generally only use it at home because I rarely stay in one place more than 3 or 4 days so I can dump tanks upon departure. Longest we ever stayed in one place was 14 days, and even then we didn't fill any of the tanks. We use the bath house facilities in campgrounds rather than the bathroom in our trailer. If boondocking, we use the outside shower because drying the bathroom walls is a PITA. And we generally only use the toilet at night.
If I needed to carry the tote and I didn't have a truck for a tow vehicle, I would install a roof rack or use a receiver mounted luggage rack on the back of the trailer. One could also fabricate/have fabricated a bumper mounted wastewater tote rack. Any good welder could design and make one easily.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:49 PM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
In the back of my truck, if I take it. I generally only use it at home because I rarely stay in one place more than 3 or 4 days so I can dump tanks upon departure. Longest we ever stayed in one place was 14 days, and even then we didn't fill any of the tanks. We use the bath house facilities in campgrounds rather than the bathroom in our trailer. If boondocking, we use the outside shower because drying the bathroom walls is a PITA. And we generally only use the toilet at night.
If I needed to carry the tote and I didn't have a truck for a tow vehicle, I would install a roof rack or use a receiver mounted luggage rack on the back of the trailer. One could also fabricate/have fabricated a bumper mounted wastewater tote rack. Any good welder could design and make one easily.
With my HiLo I found a spot under the trailer that fit my tote and held it up with a rubber bungee. There might be a spot on some of the Escapes. I keep mine in the truck bed so no need.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote