Half size range hood? ?? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2016, 08:58 PM   #21

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Head banging on stove hood

Yes, I said that and I still stick by my statement. I don't care if others haven't done it - I have in previous homes and I don't care to do it in our trailer, when we get it. I love the fact our current home doesn't have a stove hood and I especially appreciate the fact I can order the trailer without one.

Just because you haven't done something doesn't mean someone else won't do it. If something sticks out, I will eventually bang, scrape or cut myself on it. I have the scars to show for it.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:13 AM   #22

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
It seems really unlikely that anyone bumps their head on a stove hood in a trailer while just walking by, because the hood does not project beyond the countertop.
I doubt people commonly bump their head on a stove hood while they are reaching to the back, because the hood is not nearly as deep as a typical person's reach.

One thing which can happen - and has happened to me although only a couple of times - is bending over the stove to look down into a pot, and bumping the hood. This would presumably depend on various factors such as the person's height, cooking style, hood protrusion, and even vision. It is likely more of a problem in RVs than in houses because RV hoods tend to be quite low - not raised up into the cabinetry like a typical hood installation in a house.

If it's not a problem for you, you presumably wouldn't avoid a hood because of it... but I don't understand why you would challenge whether or not it is a problem for anyone else.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:27 AM   #23

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Not an issue for me but I have hit the thing that sticks out of the window blinds and bumped into most everything else when consuming wine or gin and tonics
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:33 AM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
Not an issue for me but I have hit the thing that sticks out of the window blinds and bumped into most everything else when consuming wine or gin and tonics
I'm thinking a switch to beer and Scotch might help that.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:31 AM   #25

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Being vertically unchallenged my head is always way above the hood so I feel safe. As for the air conditioner ceiling shroud, that's another glass of scotch.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:24 AM   #26

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
I have hit my head several times on the vent, but most likely because, (a) I am tall, and (b) I am looking out to see who is at the door because I can't see through the frosted glass. In our Casita, we removed the head bonker vent and replaced it with two squirrel cage fans encased in a nice wood box. Worked great and looked nice. Having said that, replacing it with a more condensed size vent makes sense, and there are some great ones out there, as stated in previous posts.
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 10:26 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Did you reverse the stove/sink, making the stove vent by the door mistake?
Old 02-19-2016, 10:36 AM   #28

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Did you reverse the stove/sink, making the stove vent by the door mistake?
No, same configuration, but turned the stove 90%. I just think the vent sticks out too far to see out, at my height anyway. However, I am shrinking in my 'old' age, so may not become a problem...!
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote