Handy facts and tips - please help! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Re: Handy facts and tips - please help!

Does any one know what happened to this thread?

We will be picking up our 17b ('The Lark') on 22 June, and are beginning to think about what we should take with us to provision the trailer.

Also, we are new to trailer camping. We have had a series of VW camper vans over the years, but have decided we want more space and to be able to leave the trailer set up at the campground while we go exploring. I am sure that I saw a checklist for setting up and breaking camp somewhere. There was a list of things like rolling up the awning, unplugging the electrical, checking turn signals and brake lights, etc. seems like a good thing to have since I seem to be more absent minded as I "mature"...

Thanks for any pointers.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour

Hi, Leon! Good Sam Club under PLAN A TRIP has lots of checklists for every kind of thing. We could not begin to have half of it. I don't think we have a tenth of their first aid stuff.

There are also such lists in a bunch of general books on camping if you get one of those.

We made our own lists combining others and adding some items particular to us such as for our WDH. On the WDH if you will have one, gee, it really helps to take out the pins to get it apart! We have made that mistake a few times.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19

one of these is a must to have
http://www.google.com/products/catal...MAA#ps-sellers
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #24

Thanks much for the pointer to Good Sam Club, and the electrical outlet tester. We leave to pick up our new 17b, "The Lark", three weeks from tomorrow. We are very excited.

Leon
Old 05-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #25

Have a great trip, Leon, and tell us all about how "The Lark" flies and about the big bike journey, too.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #26

RV Checklists. IPad and iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Hi, Leon! Good Sam Club under PLAN A TRIP has lots of checklists for every kind of thing. We could not begin to have half of it. I don't think we have a tenth of their first aid stuff.

There are also such lists in a bunch of general books on camping if you get one of those.

We made our own lists combining others and adding some items particular to us such as for our WDH. On the WDH if you will have one, gee, it really helps to take out the pins to get it apart! We have made that mistake a few times.
For those of you (like me) who love to use( read justify) our iThings this is a handy little app for building custom packing lists and such. Best one I have found so far.

RV Checklist by Dan Senatro
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/rv-c...324900531?mt=8
Dog as Navigator
DonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #27

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
Does any one know what happened to this thread?

We will be picking up our 17b ('The Lark') on 22 June, and are beginning to think about what we should take with us to provision the trailer.

Also, we are new to trailer camping. We have had a series of VW camper vans over the years, but have decided we want more space and to be able to leave the trailer set up at the campground while we go exploring. I am sure that I saw a checklist for setting up and breaking camp somewhere. There was a list of things like rolling up the awning, unplugging the electrical, checking turn signals and brake lights, etc. seems like a good thing to have since I seem to be more absent minded as I "mature"...

Thanks for any pointers.
Hi Leon --- when you picked it up, in the front of the manual Tammy gives you, did it still have a list like the one you mentioned? Ours came with one similar to what you described.

Eric

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Hi Leon --- when you picked it up, in the front of the manual Tammy gives you, did it still have a list like the one you mentioned? Ours came with one similar to what you described.

Eric
It did come with a list, and we have added a bit to it. Also, the best thing about going to the factory to pick up the Lark was getting a 4 hour orientation from Dave. It was much appreciated. On the way home, we had two big Camping World stops. On the first one we picked up some collapsible kitchen bowls, a small dish drainer and some other stuff that works well in a small kitchen. On the second stop we got a mat for outside, and a few other things we thought would be useful. Since we had spent a dozen night in the trailer, we had a better idea of how we wanted to use it, and what we needed.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #29

Trailer: 2012- 17'B.... 2016 Tacoma SR5 TRD
That's sort of what we did as well. And on our second trip out we picked up a microwave.The thing is is I don't know how to stop it from bouncing around the cabinet. Does anyone know how to mount this thing down. What we do now is just pack a bunch of towels around it and hope it stays put. Which it doesn't. Help.!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:20 AM   #30

Ours is completely secured with screws. Can't move. Maybe someone knows if the screwplates are a common hardware item.
Attached Thumbnails
P1040960 microwave open.jpg   P1040947 microwave fridge TV.jpg  
Old 12-07-2012, 12:48 AM   #31

Trailer: 2012- 17'B.... 2016 Tacoma SR5 TRD
Thanks for the pictures Cathy, That gives me some ideas on how to hold it in place.
You know that glass plate that turns , do you leave it as is or stow it away some place safe. Because ours flys around inside when we forget to remove it.