Handy Option - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2010, 08:48 AM   #1

Handy Option

Now that we've had two trips in Bali Ha'i, I'm refining my list of "wish I thought of this beforehand." The OUTSTANDING news is, there just one thing so far.

I wish I'd thought to ask Reace to wire the loft area with a switch at the foot of the stairs, so we could turn the loft lights before we crawl in. Its no big thing, but one I'd like to have. I'll do a bit of head scratching and see what I can come up with.

Dave
Old 10-24-2010, 10:29 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Re: Handy Option

Ohhh this is a topical topic! I recently received two packages of LUMEN Remote Controlled Hi-Output LED Spotlights from Costco ($16). They're like these: http://www.amazon.com/LED-Output-Spo.../dp/B003AFRLAO

Lousy packaging pics, the heads swivel. I'll take a couple of the front and back... still have one package unopened. Because they're battery operated (80+ hours of run time on 3 AAA batteries), there's no need to punch any holes or run wires. Three lights can be run off one remote... handy when stepping inside a completely dark trailer.

Okay, just looked at all the pictures on Amazon. Guess they really aren't so bad if you scroll through all the images (on the left).

BTW: I'm going to use the other package in a couple of closets here in my home. Certainly not enough light there to determine if I'm picking up blue or black shoes... or worse, one of each!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:35 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4

Hi: All... How fast we seem to forget about camping "By the light of the silvery moon". Now where's that flashlight Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist
Hi: All... How fast we seem to forget about camping "By the light of the silvery moon". Now where's that flashlight Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Deb gets enough of that watching me crawl into the bed.

Dave
Old 10-24-2010, 12:23 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4

Hi: Garand...Dave: When the fast pace of life gets down to a crawl... and you're still within crawling distance everythings just fine!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie p.s. watch out for rug burns tho
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote