Help with Thermal Window - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2018, 01:18 PM   #21

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmtooo View Post
one more Kitchen window coming unglued
Both our small windows did this. We have the replacement kitchen window and are waiting for the bathroom one.
Electrical tape was wrapped around the windows leaving it slightly loose in the inside so it will completely close.
I'm hoping whatever the problem is has been corrected by Hehr.
It does not seem to be a problem with any of the larger ones. It looks like they used a different seal material for them and they all look fine.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 01:24 PM   #22

FYI, apparently Hehr was purchased by Lippert Components Inc.
I had a window that was due to be sent a couple weeks ago this apparently changed things there as it has not been sent out yet.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:31 PM   #23

Trailer: 2006 Casita Now 2017 Escape 19
I have waited for over a month with no reply from Hehr
dmtooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:21 PM   #24

We used shipping tape on the window for our trip to Anza Borrego last week. Didn't want it to fall off in the street. I did get a email from Rease on Easter Sunday that it would be awhile.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:44 PM   #25

I used black electrical tap on ours so it did not stand out too much.
It's 2 weeks late now so I'll contact Escape and see if they know when it will arrive.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:49 PM   #26

Here's the press release LCI sent out .

https://www.lci1.com/archive/2018/02...international/

And here is the contact info for the plant that is making the replacement small windows.

California Window Plant
3333 Casitas Avenue
P.O. Box 39160
Los Angeles, CA 90039-0160
Phone: 323-663-1261
Fax: 323-666-2372
Email: CSHehrLA@hehrintl.com
Old 04-10-2018, 11:35 AM   #27

I was able to reach someone that works there. They have not started on my replacement window. The replacement request was sent by Escape on Feb 19th so I imagine if they have not even started on mine yours looks like sometime in the summer. I suspect the buy out by LCI is part of the problem as the previous one was handled within 3 weeks from Escape sending the information to Herh.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:36 PM   #28

Not a problem. We will still be using ours as it does not cause any problems now that it is
taped and can't fall.
Thanks for your input.

Doug
Old 04-10-2018, 01:35 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmtooo View Post
Not a problem. We will still be using ours as it does not cause any problems now that it is
taped and can't fall.
Thanks for your input.

Doug

Ours is fine too, and the black tape matches the dark window so it does not stand out. I do check it while traveling to make sure it stays closed but otherwise I ignore it.
I'm just hoping the problem that caused them to delaminate was fixed.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:29 PM   #30

Received the replacement window yesterday and installed it this morning now a happy camper.

Doug
Old 04-22-2018, 01:37 PM   #31

I'm still waiting for the bathroom window.
I was able to contact someone there and they said they are having a problem with the frame. Hopefully I receive it soon or I'll need to see if Reace can bring one with him.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:43 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 build Sept
Bathroom window follow-up

Doug,

Glad to hear you have received your window. How long had you been waiting?
I talked to Escape mid March and was told about 5 weeks .. but that was before the change in ownership. Escape has sent me the seal kit. I see that someone else mentioned they ordered in Feb and still have not received it. I live full time in my 21 and will leaving "home" in Pahrump NV for the summer in June. So .... it looks like the Gorilla tape will remain for many months
Old 04-23-2018, 05:48 AM   #33

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19'
My bathroom window hinge is completely separated from the pane as well. I wouldn't even have checked had I not read this thread. I have a newer model 19' and have had multiple issues/problems since I took posession of it 4 months ago. I've been reading through the forum trying to be proactive and see what else I need to look for...and what do you know, my window is defective too. I'm sure there will be a bunch more out there as owners are educated on "what to look for".
Wyo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 05:55 AM   #34

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Shilo, I see this is your first posting. Why not start your own thread and list all the issues you have with your 2016 Escape 19. I myself have one, perhaps we can help with your problems.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:19 AM   #35

Thanks for the welcome. I've resolved most of them: circuit board on the water heater, fridge vent leaking water(removed spray foam and applied silicon), awning adjustment issue (too much damage to fix, will probably need replaced), now the window...I've worked directly with Reese and he's been great! Just frustrating having to fix things all the time...Hopefully I've worked through most of them.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:01 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo1 View Post
My bathroom window hinge is completely separated from the pane as well. I wouldn't even have checked had I not read this thread. I have a newer model 19' and have had multiple issues/problems since I took posession of it 4 months ago. I've been reading through the forum trying to be proactive and see what else I need to look for...and what do you know, my window is defective too. I'm sure there will be a bunch more out there as owners are educated on "what to look for".

If you are talking about the metal piece that the crank attaches to the window with mine did that originally before the glass separated. I used a piece of VHB tape to reattach them and that at least is still holding. When I contacted Reace he said that was the most common problem with the small windows. The glass delaminating is not supposed to be very common.

My kitchen window arrived quickly and was an easy replacement. The bathroom window has been on order since Feb 19th.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:31 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotwinpeaks View Post
Doug,

Glad to hear you have received your window. How long had you been waiting?
I talked to Escape mid March and was told about 5 weeks .. but that was before the change in ownership. Escape has sent me the seal kit. I see that someone else mentioned they ordered in Feb and still have not received it. I live full time in my 21 and will leaving "home" in Pahrump NV for the summer in June. So .... it looks like the Gorilla tape will remain for many months

So you are waiting for the bathroom window too. Escape ordered the replacement window for ours on Feb 19th. It and the kitchen window appear to be the same other than the type glass they put on the inside so you can't see in. I was told they are having an issue with the frame when I contacted them last week to find out when it was coming.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:54 AM   #38

I found the window problem in early april
Old 04-23-2018, 03:29 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
If you are talking about the metal piece that the crank attaches to the window with mine did that originally before the glass separated. I used a piece of VHB tape to reattach them and that at least is still holding. When I contacted Reace he said that was the most common problem with the small windows. The glass delaminating is not supposed to be very common.

My kitchen window arrived quickly and was an easy replacement. The bathroom window has been on order since Feb 19th.
Yep it was the metal piece that attaches to the glass. Thanks for the tip; I'll tape it for now and contact Reace to get on the list for a replacement.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:59 PM   #40

My window shipped out today and will be here Thursday.

Tags
thermal, thermal window