Holes in Cushions - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2015, 01:25 PM   #11

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfan View Post
I might get some, but it is for synthetic fabrics, not vinyl, so I'm a little dubious but will try some. This appears to be a very thin liquid, like the seam sealer I use on our backpacking gear. The problem with vinyl is there is no porous structure for adhesive to get into. Whatever is placed on it must bond with the vinyl directly and be massive enough to replace the torn vinyl. But… all that being said, I have nothing to lose at this point… Thanks for the link. Added it to my wish list and will be doing an order soon. Tim
This is the product I've used on tent seams, for sealing as opposed to repair. Texture is.like thin model glue.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:56 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 21', "Cardinals' Nest"
Talking Might try ShoeGoo

I've found ShoeGoo (or similar sounding brands) can repair shoes, extending the life of favorite comfortable shoes:
1. I've reglued the uppers to the soles when they are separating.
2. Added thickness to the sole – over a hole, or confined the ShoeGoo with a 'dam' of heavy tape to square up a worn-down heel. Yeah, I can be a real cheap-skate!http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/im...ilies/grin.gif

The material sticks to most things, and remains slightly flexible when cured (24-72 hours). The repairs have lasted for months to years. It's an easy thing to try, it would probably stick to vinyl, and it might even work.http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/im.../whistling.gif

Art M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:20 PM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art M. View Post
I've found ShoeGoo (or similar sounding brands) can repair shoes, extending the life of favorite comfortable shoes:
1. I've reglued the uppers to the soles when they are separating.
2. Added thickness to the sole – over a hole, or confined the ShoeGoo with a 'dam' of heavy tape to square up a worn-down heel. Yeah, I can be a real cheap-skate!http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/im...ilies/grin.gif

The material sticks to most things, and remains slightly flexible when cured (24-72 hours). The repairs have lasted for months to years. It's an easy thing to try, it would probably stick to vinyl, and it might even work.http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/im.../whistling.gif
Thank you. Another good suggestion. I even have ShoeGoo in the garage and didn't think of it. Tim
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:33 PM   #14

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
I'll second the shoe goo suggestion!
I've repaired my rubber hunting boots multiple times extending there life by two years, finally broke down and had to buy a new pair. But under the extreme conditions hunting boots see compared to a cushion, I'd bet it would work well!

Slickheadhunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cushions, fabric, holes