Honda 2000 and AC - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2015, 09:28 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape #2 - 2017 ‘21; 2018 Silverado 2500 (diesel, crew cab, long box, 4X4, SnugTop, air bags)
Honda 2000 and AC

Will a Honda 2000 generator power the AC in an Escape 21? I actually have two Honda 2000's that can be wired together, but I'd much prefer to haul just one.
Jeff and Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 10:28 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff and Karen View Post
Will a Honda 2000 generator power the AC in an Escape 21? I actually have two Honda 2000's that can be wired together, but I'd much prefer to haul just one.
This question comes up periodically on the forum. Here is a reply from Reace some time ago:

"the newer version of the Dometic 11,000 BTU A/C comes equipped with a smart start capacitor. I successfully ran the A/C with a Honda 2000. I put it through all the paces of starting up under different situations, and it worked fine. It does run into the peak capacity zone when the compressor kicks in, but does not trip the breaker. It would be an issue if the trailer batteries are weak and the on-board battery charger is working to charge them while you are planning to use the A/C. I would suggest switching the batteries off before operating the A/C. Our test had all the LED lights on, and the furnace running. (had to create heat in the winter ) The generator should provide enough power to run basic items in the trailer at the same time as the A/C. "
Old 03-14-2015, 10:38 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape #2 - 2017 ‘21; 2018 Silverado 2500 (diesel, crew cab, long box, 4X4, SnugTop, air bags)
Thanks, rbryan4!
Jeff and Karen is offline   Reply With Quote