Hooking up camp stove and BBQ to the quick connect propane outlet. - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2019, 12:12 AM   #61

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcescapist View Post
I guess my question is now what do people use the propane quick connect for?
I use mine for my BBQ, my outdoor stove and my propane firepit, any two at a time if desired.

I have used the high pressure connect to my trailer bottles, a separate 10lb bottle and those green 1lb bottles. I very much prefer the convenience of the low pressure which connect. It is the simplest and easiest of the bunch.

Most that knock the LPQC have never given it a fair try. The thing is, as long as whatever method you use works, it is all good.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:14 AM   #62

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Guess it depends on what one considers easy.

I use the QC for my Weber Q but one does have to convert it to QC, here's what would be involved.

I also use my fire pit off the QC, I did have to get another hose and a fitting or 2 to do such.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:04 AM   #63

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C
After my previous post (#58) I did further reading on camp stove/grill and found a couple of other threads with more recent posts on a couple of Camp Chef propane cooking stoves and one of them is the Camp Chef Explorer 2. This stove can be hooked up to the low pressure propane quick connect with very little (if any?) adaptation out of the box and is a well rated product. If I want to get an outdoor propane stove this would be on top of my list.
viator36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:22 AM   #64

Trailer: 505 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcescapist View Post
This all sounds very complicated. We were thinking it would be easy to connect our bbq/camp stove/campfire pit to the quick connect. Guess I shouldn't have made assumptions and checked out the forum first. We are picking up our trailer in about 2 weeks and had ordered the quick connect. I don't think I'm handy enough to try and figure this out for 3 different propane items.From this conversation it seems most people are using the green propane cans or carrying another propane tank. I guess my question is now what do people use the propane quick connect for?

This is the case for me. I don't use it at all because everything I've collected is built for high pressure system. Converting my portable stuff (stoves/fire pit/grill) means new hoses for everything (I need a hose converter...) plus whatever conversion parts I'd need.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:02 AM   #65

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
It is very easy to hook up items to the quick connect. I’m running the Weber Q1000, Camp chef Ranger two stove, and my Camp Chef fire pit all on the quick connect. I run two at once with the y-adapter which is plug n play.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:32 PM   #66

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
We have our Weber Q and our Campfire in a Can adapted to fit the quick connect - works great.

We also connect our Weber Q and Campfire in a Can to the low pressure connection. The Campfire in a can works great, but the Weber Q flame is low and affected significantly by any wind. I'm wondering if the hose provided by ETI has too small a connection size to provide sufficient gas. I'm interested in any adjustments others have made.
Old 03-10-2019, 05:44 PM   #67

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
We also connect our Weber Q and Campfire in a Can to the low pressure connection. The Campfire in a can works great, but the Weber Q flame is low and affected significantly by any wind. I'm wondering if the hose provided by ETI has too small a connection size to provide sufficient gas. I'm interested in any adjustments others have made.
There is a lot of plumbing length between the regulator and the appliance when using the quick connection and a hose, so if supply pressure is marginal there could be a problem. Perhaps the regulator's output pressure is a bit low, and you could adjust it? Several owners have adjusted the regulator to resolve problems with other appliances, such as the refrigerator.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:08 PM   #68

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
There is a lot of plumbing length between the regulator and the appliance when using the quick connection and a hose, so if supply pressure is marginal there could be a problem. Perhaps the regulator's output pressure is a bit low, and you could adjust it? Several owners have adjusted the regulator to resolve problems with other appliances, such as the refrigerator.

Thanks Brian. I did adjust the pressure up a little at Quartzsite this year and I haven't used the grill since then. Maybe it did resolve my problem.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:42 PM   #69

Trailer: 2012 Escape-19
My trailer did not have a QD fitting. I started to add one but decided to just use another type hose. I just use this linked hose and attach it directly to a trailer or separate tank. Then I can still use the appliance with a green bottle and it's own regulator if needed. You can also get a tank splitter fitting if needed. Once you remove or modify your appliance regulator it can only be used with your trailer QD fitting. Just another way to do it.
Eddie

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
elongest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 04:52 PM   #70

Trailer: Escape 21 2018 "Gypsy Cat"
Torjik Weber Converta-Q2 (Version 2)

FWIW, there's a second version of this conversion kit, accommodating an apparent change by Weber in the size of threads connecting the regulator that comes with the grill to the propane control valve. Here's a picture of the quick-connect version installed on a Weber Q 1200 purchased in Fall 2018. The brass pipe/quick-connect assembly threads onto the propane control valve (1/8" pipe threads in this grill model). The clamp originally connected to the regulator, is reused in conjunction with the blue disk to make the final assembly more secure.

Key point: take a look at the size of the threads connecting the regulator and propane control valve in the model you have and order the kit version accordingly. The measured diameter on our 2018 propane control valve (corresponding to the 1/8" pipe designation" is 0.40")

I experienced that finding brass pipe fittings adapting between 3/8" gas flare to 1/8" female NPT from online sources somewhat difficult, and nothing for this at my local big box stores. The convenience of this kit is provision of the brass pipe/quick-connect assembly, plus reuse of the regulator bracket to make the final assembly more secure. Total installation time about 15 minutes(?)
Attached Thumbnails
Torjik Converta-Q2.jpg  
MadCAT3 is offline   Reply With Quote