How do I wire this unusual 12v cable? stealing power: ETI backup system with no tug. - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-17-2017, 08:46 AM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
I have the Trailer Valet XL.....

as long as your driveway is almost flat, paved, and no sharp turns, i think the Trailer Valet XL works quite well.

Forget gravel, dirt, bumps or hills or sharp turns. Will not work.

john
I have the XL too. Well designed. My need required a sharp turn from the storage spot. The dual axles require so much force that the XL would bend the lip of the coupler. On asphalt normal movement was fine.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:41 AM   #22

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
The bottom line is LosAngeles needs to simply jumper +12V (trailer side) to the tail/marker pin. This should be the pins shown in the diagram with black and green at 11o'clock and 1 o'clock on the vehicle side component that he bought, correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
So I'm back to the key to success - connect to the pin in the correct position, regardless of the wire colour.
As a test I jumpered our trailer cord at the top two pins as I describe above and the tail/marker lights came on as one would expect.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:03 AM   #23

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
As a test I jumpered our trailer cord at the top two pins as I describe above and the tail/marker lights came on as one would expect.
cool.

in fact yesterday I finished building my plug with fuse built in, with those wires jumpered, and it worked, as expected.

thanks everyone.... glad to have this cool option of having the running lights on, and also having the rear view camera work without a tug connected.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:16 AM   #24

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
cool.

in fact yesterday I finished building my plug with fuse built in, with those wires jumpered, and it worked, as expected.

thanks everyone.... glad to have this cool option of having the running lights on, and also having the rear view camera work without a tug connected.
I tested it because I was waiting for someone to say stop talking about colors and labels and just go out and jumper some wires! No pin combination on the trailer side cord should present an issue except +12V pin to the ground pin.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:04 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
If you have a "sharp turn" but have plenty of space on both sides of the trailer, can you work the trailer back and forth with Valet XL to get the trailer turned (building blocking part of the area and trying to get trailer more or less facing building, moving trailer in front of building. Trailer would not end up straight in front of building.). Probably would have to give you a diagram to get this question! But can you turn the trailer by working it back and forth if there is room?
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:18 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
If you have a "sharp turn" but have plenty of space on both sides of the trailer, can you work the trailer back and forth with Valet XL to get the trailer turned (building blocking part of the area and trying to get trailer more or less facing building, moving trailer in front of building. Trailer would not end up straight in front of building.). Probably would have to give you a diagram to get this question! But can you turn the trailer by working it back and forth if there is room?
I probably could. It kind of defeats the purpose. There is a basketball hoop sort of in the road. I ended up going back to plan "a". I have a two foot hitch extension I use to get the trailer turned, then unhook and hook up my regular WDH. I'll keep the XL for other maneuvering.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #27

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
I was asking about a situation we have, not yours, LOL. So we couldn't defeat the purpose. . At least, I do not think so. Thank you!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:14 PM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Cathy, We have plenty of room that we could turn the trailer around, but not with the TV attached. Thanks for the input!

Gary
garysd is offline   Reply With Quote