How to pay for your new trailer across international boundaries - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2019, 04:15 PM   #21

Trailer: TBD
How much will ETI take on a credit card?
Old 01-03-2019, 04:25 PM   #22

Trailer: 2019 19' Escape Trailer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farther View Post

Total of $3,000 CAD. That would be enough for the deposit and up to $500 when you pick the trailer up if there is a balance.
lesliebooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 04:33 PM   #23

Trailer: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farther View Post
Already answered.

Ed
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:15 PM   #24

Trailer: TBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliebooth View Post
Total of $3,000 CAD. That would be enough for the deposit and up to $500 when you pick the trailer up if there is a balance.
Thank you!
Old 01-03-2019, 07:49 PM   #25

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
My final payment for our E21 was wired to ETI today, 1/3/19. Total cost to me for this transaction yielded an effective exchange rate of .7451. There are no other costs associated with this wire transfer transaction. This was slightly better than I was hoping and our timing was good. Not speaking against any other methods. Do what you like and what works for you.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:17 AM   #26

Trailer: 2010 escape 19
Cross Border Payments

I move funds regularly to or from Canada to Mexico or the Caribbean.

Most times the wire transfer fee is less than $70 US. I you are dealing with a major bank then they will give you a "quote" on larger transfers which then is good for an hour. Then you pay your money and it gets to CHILLIWAK ALMOST THE NEXT DAY.

JUST BE SURE THAT THEY GIVE YOU THE TRANSFER ROUTE FOR CHILLIWAK BACK IN 2011 WHEN I PAID FOR MY FIRST TRAILER THE FUNDS WENT TO AN ACCOUNT IN Vancouver and the office manager could not find it.

I have used WESTERN UNION TO MOVE FUNDS FOR RECOVERY IN CAIRO EGYPT.(AFTER A ROBBERY IN ANOTHER COUNTRY). WESTERN UNION WILL SELL THE DRAFT WHICH YOU THEN MAIL OR COURIER TO THE SUPPLIER AND THEY DEPOSIT IT THROUGH THIER REGULAR BANK..

ASK YOUR INVESTMENT BROKER TO GIVE YOU A QUOTE ON THE CURRENCY. if you decide to take cash with you for the pickup just remember tl declare it at the Canadian Border because of our laws on money laundering. Once declared and customs are satisfied that you got the funds from a financial institution rather than from under your mattress things will go smoothly.

Undeclared funds when found are not completely lost to CDN customs but you may need to pay an administrative penalty--failure to declare. US customs was no problem when I needed to take $20K through the US TO MEXICO..

Enjoy the new trailer
paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:50 PM   #27

Trailer: Escape 21
My experience with mailing a check to ETI, 3 days after Christmas, which resulted in the following short timeline...

11/28/2018; I mailed a personal check to ETI
12/11/2018; ETI sent me letter of acknowledgement. (I didn’t ask when they received it).

My check was from my regular checkbook wallet.

Two “forever” postage stamps were used, sent through my regular, everyday rural mail carrier. The envelope was walked down my driveway and stuffed into my old fashioned mailbox, then the red flag was raised up.

Maybe it will be quicker to send, now that the Christmas return mailings are out of the way. Maybe not. 8 to 10 business days isn’t bad.

——————-
exchange rate for USD to CAD was $0.75 during the last week in November to the first two weeks of December. Of course, there is no way to predict the exchange rate.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:30 PM   #28

Trailer: Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chama View Post
My final payment for our E21 was wired to ETI today, 1/3/19. Total There are no other costs associated with this wire transfer transaction.
How do you get around the Wells Fargo international fee of $45?
Old 01-13-2019, 04:05 PM   #29

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
That's what we did, we just mailed two rather large checks through the US mail, no muss, no fuss. And were very pleased with the exchange rate we received.
A belated response. I emailed Escape on Jan. 8th about my Build Sheet. In addition I let them know that a partial payment was in the mail (not the down payment). Linda emailed me back and advised me to find another way to submit payments in the future. That they had been having "problems" with payments arriving via mail. She did not elaborate on the particular problems they were having.
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:13 PM   #30

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
When we picked up our 21 in September 2018, we took a certified bank check made out to ETI with us. When we crossed at Suma we declared the ck and were told that there was no issues or fees for certified cks as long as it was made out to ETI. We were sent on our way telling us to enjoy our new Escape.
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paying with us dollars