In lieu of someone that's done it... Just a guess, but if you look at the top drawing in the linked manual the switch is part #35, it looks to be mounted to #34 which in turn goes through the small rectangular hole in the side of the housing #26. I'd pull the unit and see if that's what it is. The spare I have has 2 push on spade connections, should be an easy swap.
Thanks guys. How easy does the actual unit come out? Is it just some screws on the front of the unit and then it slides out? I assume I have a to disconnect the propane line before pulling the unit out?
I am at work now so I don't have the unit in front of me to take a look at. Just hoping to get an idea of what I am in for tonight before I start working on it.
Removing the furnace was a fairly easy procedure. When pulling it out it got hung up on the white tape around the vent box. Took some pretty good pulls to get it loose.
Replaced the faulty sail switch and put the furnace back in this morning. To get it lined up with the vent box again my wife looked through the vent from outside to provide directions to get the alignment correct. When pushing the furnace back onto the vent box my wife had to keep pressure on the vent from the outside so that it didn't damage the fibreglass.
The furnace was originally hard wired in with crimp butt joint terminals. I replaced these with fully insulated spades in case I need to take it out again in the future.
I just pulled the sail switch from ours and discovered a ball of dust interfering with the sail switch motion. We've been camping in some really windy dusty areas, and it apparently only takes a little dust ball to prevent the sail switch paddle from moving. I just talked with Tammy, and it sounds like I probably could have fixed the problem with a blast of air through the ducting and avoided all this, but now I know how it goes together. I'll post some photos, which should be self-explanatory. Before proceeding, I turned off the propane, burned off the pressure with the stove, and pulled the 12V fuse. I also leak-checked the propane connection afterward.
After the furnace is out, to get to the switch (highlighted by padlin) it's only necessary to remove two screws and cut one zip tie to lift the entire blower assembly out of the way. Like chemando, I had to cut the power and thermostat wires and installed two-piece connectors during re-installation.