Identifying Escape as manufacturer to insurance co - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2018, 11:06 AM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Identifying Escape as manufacturer to insurance co

We're having trouble getting insurance companies to recognize Escape as a manufacturer, even when using the vin number. We've had it insured in MA for several years, but have moved to SC and must re-insure. Has anyone overcome this problem?

Thanks,

David
D&R_SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:10 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm switching insurance companies as I type, from State Farm to Erie, just got a quote on my Escape- $260/year, way paying $394
Old 07-09-2018, 11:19 AM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
We use Liberty Mutual for our house, two cars, and the Escape trailer. No problems with them.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:19 PM   #4

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i switched from State farm to Progressive so i could get full replacement. State farm had my trailer listed as some model i didn't recognize definitely not my trailer....
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 12:21 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm saving more than $250 or close to 10% on my total insurance, home, auto,trailer,umbrella.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:20 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by D&R_MA View Post
We're having trouble getting insurance companies to recognize Escape as a manufacturer, even when using the vin number. We've had it insured in MA for several years, but have moved to SC and must re-insure. Has anyone overcome this problem?

Thanks,

David

When we first contacted our insurer, ACSC (Auto Club of So. Calif. - part of AAA), they had difficulty finding ETI, a Canadian mfr., so I took the final build sheet and whatever other documents ETI had sent me, and my agent did a little explore on her computer, and then all was good. She even photocopied the build sheet, with the price total at the bottom, and that became the official replacement list and cost document in our policy if our trailer is ever totaled.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:25 PM   #7

Trailer: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
When we first contacted our insurer, ACSC (Auto Club of So. Calif. - part of AAA), they had difficulty finding ETI, a Canadian mfr., so I took the final build sheet and whatever other documents ETI had sent me, and my agent did a little explore on her computer, and then all was good. She even photocopied the build sheet, with the price total at the bottom, and that became the official replacement list and cost document in our policy if our trailer is ever totaled.

That's good to know, Don, as we are SoCal Auto Club as well and all this talk of insurance issues got me wondering . . .
Hilola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:12 PM   #8

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by D&R_MA View Post
We're having trouble getting insurance companies to recognize Escape as a manufacturer, even when using the vin number. We've had it insured in MA for several years, but have moved to SC and must re-insure. Has anyone overcome this problem? Thanks, David
I finally had to e-mail the URL website link for ETI to the agent I was working with before he finally figured out what we had purchased.
On a similar note, we purchased a little 16'2" two-seater aluminum fishing boat (like a jon boat), stick-steer with a 40 HP outboard motor. It's about as benign as a fishing boat gets, except it has a really thick aluminum hull to withstand run-ins with underwater tree stumps, etc., when fishing in shallow lake tributaries - hence the boat manufacturer's name, "Xtreme". When I told our agent we needed insurance for our new "Pro Model Xtreme" fishing boat, he first thought it was some huge BassMaster tournament speed boat! I finally had to send him a web link to show him, no, it's just a little jon boat thingy. (Great little fishing boat, by the way. https://www.xtremeboats.com/boats/pro-series.htm )
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote