Insulation - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Old 11-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #1

has anyone had their escape insulated on the underside and added heating pads AFTER delivery? if so, roughly how much did it cost? we aren't sure we are going to need them but - in the event we change our minds down the road - we don't want to have to pay a lot more than reace and tammy charge.

dan collison & elizabeth meister, soon-to-be 17B owners

dcollison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
Trailer: 2017 21 due 4/15/17 2016 Highlander XLE (previously 17B "Blue")
Re: Insulation

Depending on how much work you like to do, you can buy 2 part spray foam kits and do it yourself. The stuff sticks to anything - including eye glasses, hair, skin, etc - I know this from experience! I did our attic with the 2 part spray foam. It is not a pleasant job in confined spaces, but it would not be too horrible outdoors. The hard part would be getting the trailer up high enough to have some work space. You might also call some spray foam contractors and ask what they would charge to do it. Some have special purpose trucks and buy the components in 55 gallon drums - they have the best pricing. The heating pads I don't know about but they would require some wiring and drilling at least one hole in the trailer.

Eric (and Mary who is in no way responsible for anything stupid I post)
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote