Insurance - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2024, 10:58 PM   #41

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
..... My suggestion would be to study the number of State Farm Agents in your area and switch agents. Reason : Incompetence, arrogance and being
Uncooperative. Everybody has a boss. Vote with your dollars.
Iowa Dave
Yep, I wouldn't hesitate a moment to do this if I were not satisfied with my Agent's service.

Old 01-11-2024, 10:58 PM   #42

Trailer: 2022 21 C owner :-D/ '24 RAM 1500 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I have State Farm insurance. When we bought the 19 it took the secretary about
10 minutes to locate, value and insure the trailer as a Canadian built fiberglass trailer. I’ve been happy with this agency since 2006 with several different insurance policies. As I drive around our metropolitan area of a couple hundred thousand residents, I’ve noted at least a half a dozen State Farm Agencies. My suggestion would be to study the number of State Farm Agents in your area and switch agents. Reason : Incompetence, arrogance and being
Uncooperative. Everybody has a boss. Vote with your dollars.
Iowa Dave
Dave,

Very good points! It hasn't come to that, but I must admit the idea is tantalizing.

I read your post on the first page of this thread before I posted the above reply, and almost PMed you, but I decided sharing my frustration with everyone would be more cathartic for me.

Michael
mresseguie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 11:49 PM   #43

Woot! Both of you inspired me to replay to my insurance agent's subordinates in a slightly different way than I had originally planned. I finished the email by saying I had shared my frustrations with other Escape trailer owners, and that they had suggested I find another agent to represent me.

Assuming the person who reads my email in the morning actually reads it to the end, that ought to wake her/him up.

I'll let you know if I get results.
Old 01-12-2024, 12:09 AM   #44

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
That very same trailer was insured by Amica while I owned it. What it took was a phone call giving them the year, make, model, VIN and total cost. Took about 8 minutes.

Tell them you are shopping around for an insurance company who employs people who read.😎
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 06:40 AM   #45

Trailer: 21
Take pictures of your escape and get one of the KZ trailer go to your agent not one of his/her helpers, show him/her the difference and let him straighten out the idiot. That what I had to do.
Old 01-12-2024, 06:44 AM   #46
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 5.0 TA
My concern would be that if a claim is made they will give that same excellent service.
Don’t threaten, just shop around and change agent or insurance companies,Stop frustrating yourself.
occer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 07:34 AM   #47

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mresseguie View Post
Woot! Both of you inspired me to replay to my insurance agent's subordinates in a slightly different way than I had originally planned. I finished the email by saying I had shared my frustrations with other Escape trailer owners, and that they had suggested I find another agent to represent me.

Assuming the person who reads my email in the morning actually reads it to the end, that ought to wake her/him up.

I'll let you know if I get results.
Hi: mresseguie... I'm a former All State/ State Farm client who has now joined a Mutual Ins. Co. At least the policy owners, own the company, not the share holders. At the moment I have to deal with the fact my agent put loss of use coverage on an occasional use car. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 08:01 AM   #48
MVA

Trailer: 2017 E19
As the customer it is your money. Time for a new agent. If you ever need a claim you will be most likely dealing with a claims adjuster not the agent. As in Centex's situation if the agent, if after explaining the situation and the agent cannot understand, move your business.
MVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 01:34 PM   #49

Update:

I spoke with a gal at another State Farm agent's office. She's not the boss, but she seemed quite knowledgeable and tried to be helpful. The issue seems to be that the SF underwriter simply doesn't recognize Escape Trailers as being any different from the KZ Trailers Inc Escape trailer model. [She Googled the two, so she understands there is a difference.]

She pointed out that there is no easy way to get the underwiter to change its stance. There's no way for me to call the underwriter to tell them that they've made a mistake. There's no way for her to call them. Perhaps <maybe> there's a way for her boss to get the ball rolling, but he won't call me till later this afternoon.

I would prefer to remain insured with SF, but it may be time to consider moving on - at least with my trailer's insurance coverage.

Dave, I'm going to PM you to ask you for your insurance agent's phone number. If he/she has managed to correctly insure your Escape trailer, there must be a way to correctly insure mine.

Thanks to all who've responded. I feel more empowered now!
Old 01-12-2024, 02:25 PM   #50

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Michael
I’ll save you the PM time. Since a blizzard has me socked in.
Kari Klien
State Farm insurance
3011 Johnson avenue NW
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
319-396-3222
I’m sure someone there can guide you. Easy to work with.
I had one Escape claim ( awning lock failure on the 19)
A couple homeowner claims ( big weather)
Several car damage claims ( deer, self inflicted, etc)
Never had a problem.

Been with them since 2006 when my old agent did not respond to my request to evaluate my new to me house for an insurance estimate after I’d been with him for 25 years. Called this agency, all set up in less than a week. Switched home, cars, personal liability, and then added Escape in 2012. It can be done.’
Iowa Dave
Old 01-12-2024, 02:40 PM   #51

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
We have American Family. I called my agent and gave her the trailer info. She called back within the hour with the price.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 01:00 AM   #52

First off....Thanks for the info, Iowa Dave!

It turns out I didn't need to call your agent because my agent's flunkies seem to have caught a major fire under their seats after I sent them an email telling them my friends <you all > had suggested I find a new insurance agent to handle all my policies. Wow....just my saying my friends had suggested I find a new agent was all it took. I never actually said, "I'm leaving."

Miraculously, my trailer is now insured as it should be....well, at least it is insured as an Escape trailer out of Chilliwack, BC and not a KZ Inc Escape trailer. I still need to get them up to speed on why my trailer is not a 'base' model, but this ought to be pretty straight forward.

A BIG high-five to everyone who responded here.

If I can ever return the favor, let me know....
Old 01-13-2024, 07:12 AM   #53

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Good to hear you got your insurance issue resolved.
Some folks have a lot nicer upbringing than others. My formative years working in a filling station under the tutelage of a bunch of World War Two veterans who understood the value of customers and of standing behind each purchase the customers made was a good lesson on the right and wrong way to treat people. This carried me though the rest of my life.

Though I was never a good athlete, I had, and still have very good hand/eye coordination. This, along with an aggressive attitude when needed allowed me to watch the baseball come in, drop my right shoulder and make solid contact a good percentage of the time. Sometimes a short hit behind the runner to advance him is more
Important than swinging for the fence, especially on a deep center field with the wind blowing in. Keep them guessing.
Iowa Dave