It is raining, so time to take a bath.... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-29-2017, 04:11 PM   #21

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I heard about Bug Melt from someone at the ETI rally in 2015. It works exactly as described. I bought a gallon. It does not remove wax, does not leave residue or water spots behind. I love it for my truck as it has a big chrome grill, chrome bumpers and chrome running boards. Works great removing bug guts on the windshield too. I originally bought it for the trailer. When this gallon runs out, I'll buy another gallon! BUG MELT - PPC
Thanks for the info. Great label - someone at that company has a sense of humor.
New Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 03:15 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
So today was a nice day and since the trailer was clean I decided to detail and wax Prairie Schooner. I have the white bell band and although it makes the decals standout more it is also twice as hard to clean as compared to the black band. There are 4 places dirt can attach, the top, the bottom of the metal band and the insert has a top and bottom, all of which were dirty. I guess I should have used a tooth brush when washing the trailer to clean this band better. I went through an entire Mr. Clean sponge and windex to clean the band, then applied 303 Protectorant. Finally waxed the trailer which seemed easy after cleaning the belly band. I also applied the 303 to the. inside rubber of the awning windows to keep them from sticking and the propane/tire covers Time for happy hour.... Tires and wheels tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:12 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Y'all, I have found the answer to waxing the RV and it's called Cilajet. Recently I bought a Lexus ES 350 and one of the options was to have it something called Cilajet (Cilajet Best Car Paint Protection. Auto Paint Sealant) put on the vehicle. Cilajet was first used on AirForce 1 and is now used on Boing jets as a clear seal hard cover. Of course I doubted the product but nevertheless had it put on my Lexus. Low and behold, when it got buggy and dirty all I had to do was take a wet microfiber cloth and white it clean: easy as can be. The product is guaranteed for 5 years but should last 10. I was so happy that I wouldn't have to wax my Lexus that I had my Tundra (tow vehicle) Cilajeted and it is absolutely remarkable. Well, I said to myself, why not have the 5.0 Cilajeted also? So, I did. My wife and I are finishing up a two month trip and I am here to tell you that Cilajet on my 5.0 was the best thing I could have done ($700). After a day on the road I literally only had to take a wet microfiber cloth and wipe it down to get all the bugs off and the shine back: remarkable. I now have two cars and my 5.0 with Cilajet on them and will never have to wax them again.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:25 PM   #24

Trailer: 2007 Escape 17B (sold); Currently 2013 19
Can Cilajet be used on older RVs that have already oxidized or does the vehicle have to be new and cilajet preserves the already there shine?
lorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:28 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Any pictures of the Escape with it's coating?
Old 08-30-2017, 05:43 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Any pictures of the Escape with it's coating?
Here's one of AF1 that's just glimmering.
Attached Images

Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:04 PM   #27

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Well, my phone crashed a month ago and I haven't had a chance to replace it yet so I can't send pics. But, the 5.0 TA shines like a star!
Someone asked if an older RV/vehicle can be Cilajeted: I am not sure so call the dealer in your area. However, before they placed the Cilajet on my 2 year old Tundra or 5.0 TA they detailed them to get out all the dirt/scratches/etc.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:36 PM   #28

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I realize it's good for up to 5 years, I'd still have a hard time spending $700 on it.