Jack TV antenna problem - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2018, 07:30 AM   #1

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Jack TV antenna problem

Hello All,
I searched this first but could not find anything covering my issue so was hoping someone could help.

The green light is coming on the wall mounted plate but there is no power going to the unit mounted on the ceiling. When I took the cover off there was red wire that was thicker gauge tying the black wire with the screw in coaxle piece so questioned what purpose that would serve so took that off and wired it straight and still did not work. My business partners, way smarter then me, said this is a ^^%&& sorry don:t remember but it has wire that wraps the small antenna wire and they said that's the problem. They said best fix was running new wire but on first inspection we were not sure how to do that since it looks like it goes through headliner. Has anyone else had this problem or can someone help with suggested way to fix please.

BIG THANKS and safe travels to all,

Steve

stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:29 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
There is a power button on the base side, if I remember correct.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:30 AM   #3

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Steve, is your trailer still under warranty? If so, call ETI and ask them how they are going to take care of it for you?
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:38 AM   #4

Unfortunately no not under warranty.

The button on the wall plate is working because its turning on the green light its the part that's in the interior ceiling that is not getting power and it has to be because that wire is broken. Can that wire be spliced back together some how? To bad Radio Shack went out of business figure they would be help with this.
Again hard to see how wire is fished through and would have to be through ceiling and would not mess with the liner in fear of result. That's why I was hoping someone would have some advice.

Take care and safe travels,

Steve
Old 11-01-2018, 09:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
Unfortunately no not under warranty.

The button on the wall plate is working because its turning on the green light its the part that's in the interior ceiling that is not getting power and it has to be because that wire is broken. Can that wire be spliced back together some how? To bad Radio Shack went out of business figure they would be help with this.
Again hard to see how wire is fished through and would have to be through ceiling and would not mess with the liner in fear of result. That's why I was hoping someone would have some advice.

Take care and safe travels,

Steve
Sorry, was originally looking at this on my phone and didn't see the year of your trailer and then I would have realized that it was out of warranty. Unfortunately have no experience in running wires through the headliner on the trailer. Currently running hidden wires for my home surround sound system, which is not much use here. I'm sure someone of these super experienced guys will have some suggestion somewhere. Good luck.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:04 AM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
The power button is blue led....
Old 11-01-2018, 01:35 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 Escape 19' (Sold)
Steve - I would call the ETI technicians anyway. We purchased our trailer with the Jack Antenna, TV/Cable-ready and the DVD. Well, when we tried hooking up the cable from the outside, nada ... nothing. We called ETI and someone got back to us right away and told us exactly what we needed to do to make sure we had access to everything. It took a bit of rewiring but now everything works. Chances are, ETI has come across your issue before and could give you some insight on how it can be remedied without tearing the trailer apart.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:49 PM   #8

Interestingly I tend to get better picture quality through the Jack TV antenna than on the cable at most of the RV Parks we have visited, not that we have been to that many. I think most of the RV Park cable channels are Standard Definition, whereas some TV signals can be broadcast in slightly higher quality such as 720.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:32 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape-21
The wall panel supplies voltage to the antenna and signal meter ( Blue light box.) through the antenna cable. Like Jim said there is a switch for the signal meter which turns on/off the blue lights after the optimum signal is found. The amplifier is in the antenna head. There should be a red light on the antenna head (outside) if the antenna is receiving power. The red light can be better seen at night. There is a T connector in the antenna line that connects the antenna and signal meter. In a stock configuration the T connection is sealed under the base of the antenna on the roof. There should be no regular wires (non RF) needed for the antenna operation at the antenna. The regular power wires for the system go to the wall panel. Do you have a red light on the antenna?
Eddie
elongest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:14 AM   #10

Jack Antenna Issues with photos included

Hello,
I thought I would restart this threat and include pictures this time.
Really not sure best way to fix this and hoping someone can make some suggestions. The wall plate is getting power, that green light comes on when you push button on same wall plate see photo
I will assume the ceiling mounted part is not getting power because of the wire that's broken. see photo
Does anyone know if you can splice this type of wire back together since in includes the antenna and power? If not what would be best course of action to fix?

BIG THANKS for the help,

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wall plate.jpg (209.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Ceiling plate.jpg (130.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Jack antenna.jpg (146.5 KB, 19 views)