Kitchen Drawers - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2018, 04:04 PM   #41

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I've only had the shallow cupboard door open because I stacked canned goods in it. Fridge door opened once when I hit a pot hole.
No drawer has come close to opening while traveling.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:29 PM   #42

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I've only had the shallow cupboard door open because I stacked canned goods in it. Fridge door opened once when I hit a pot hole.
No drawer has come close to opening while traveling.
I had a six pack of beer shift inside the fridge during a trip once. When I stopped and opened the fridge door, the 6-pack of beers fell onto the floor and 2 or 3 of the glass bottles broke! Now that was a sad day!

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:45 PM   #43

Trailer: 2018 ESCAPE19
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnranger View Post
we have had the drawers fly out completely spilling all contents as well as the cabinet doors come open - numerous times. we now lock them all down with a bungee running through the handles as a part of our routine whenever we pull out.
I know this might not be the reason, but when we first started trailering 15 or so years ago, we honestly didn't know to shift the drawer a little until we felt it "lock". Same with the refrigerator. Now, of course, every time before we drive off, I do a little "hitch" to that drawer to make sure it is "locked". And I do a similar check to the refrigerator - which seems just a better door design anyway.
Tam2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:47 PM   #44

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Never had a door or drawer come open while traveling. We put the more heavy items down low and also use the cardboard bottoms from cases of canned goods to set things on. These even work good in the fridge.

One thing that comes loose is the two screws holding the water heater panel on the outside of the trailer. Going to have to get some loctite. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:19 PM   #45

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
We've had the cabinets below the fridge and the lowest cabinet below the sink open. We responded by mounting an adjustable closet/shower rod between them with a solid pressure fit--problem solved.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:11 PM   #46
AnJ

Trailer: 1974 Boler, 2018 Escape 21
Storage

No issues with the drawers or cabinets opening while in transit, btw. We did on our other trailer, but it was mostly just learning how to pack things without having something loose.

We've had our trailer for a few months, but some storage options we have found so far that work:
-we found the Umbra hooks a bit pricey, but were able to put 5 Command hooks up on the end of the counter of our 21 by the door for dog leashes, keys, sunglasses, etc.
-for the bathroom, we got 2 expandable rods that suction cup to the wall from Ikea, and we use quick drying PackTowels, so they dry by morning if we shower in the evening, we also got 2 single suction cup hooks to hold a scrubby sponge and a hand towel, as well as a suction caddy on the wall for shampoos, etc. So far, all of this is working well!
-we got really strong suction cups from Lee Valley for the outside of the trailer to hang wet jackets, these work splendidly!! Thank you to whoever on the forum recommended these!
-we haven't really found an option for wet jackets, but I guess we could use the Lee Valley hooks in the bathroom to hang wet stuff
-we put our shoes vertical in the cabinet near the floor under the big closet by the fridge; 6 pairs fit there and we usually each have a pair out that we wear or leave under the step when they are in use
AnJ is offline   Reply With Quote