Leaks - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2016, 03:09 PM   #1

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Leaks

While I've never had a leak in my Escape, I've come across a product called "Eternabond" which is used to seal roof seams on "stickies". I bought some for my dog's vinyl water-bed which had come apart..the bed now holds water...without leaking.. it also is one of those "be careful where you put it" items as it considered to be a one way trip in its placement....just a thought..as I was thinking of using it around my vents, but the downside is that it is a tape and not easy to go around a round area..If anyone has experience with this I would appreciate learning about it further.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:23 PM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I used a lot of it on my old stick built, I would suggest caution. If you ever have to replace the vents you'll be in for a huge headache, the stuff is very difficult if not impossible to remove. If you do go ahead with it, be sure to prep the area correctly so it adheres like it is supposed to, you don't want to make mistakes. Sure works though.

While in Arches last fall the folks next to us got hammered by hail shattering all the roof plastic, vent domes, fridge vent, and such. S@!% happens.

Might not be a bad idea to try removing some first, stick a square of it to something and give it a shot. Mine was on a rubber roof, using scrapers and such was not an option.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:40 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Thanks for the input...I guess it worked well for you...