leaky head vent! RRRR! - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2015, 05:55 PM   #121

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem View Post
The Escape 19 is my 9th camping box but my first with an on-line Forum dedicated to it. And we should all be on the same side of these posts, owners helping owners.

So this communication is new to me. What I notice it's just like a school yard and the same kids have become 'older' and some are adults .. and some like to be a kid again! Happens to me. As I said before some people are using a confronting style when a questioning style would be a lubricant for the discussion.
Well stated and to the point. Thank you
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 06:29 PM   #122

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
Shouldn't any and all issues be directed to Escape Trailer Industries instead of grousing among one another.
This should absolutely be the first step in remediation, especially if one believes it is something that Escape needs to know about, and deal with. I had a few things that I dealt with through Escape, where they fixed me up with what I needed to fix. None of it was tough stuff at all, and I would sooner do the work myself if I am able, than to have to haul it in to Escape, or even to a local shop for repairs. None of this was ever reported here, as it was not really something others could help me correct.

One example is the brakes were squealing, even set proper, and not engaged. It turns out Dexter had a bad batch of brakes, particularly the linings. Dexter supplied Escape with the parts, Reace sent them to me, and I changed them out when I repacked the bearings. Easy peasy, and even though regularly contributing on this forum, it never even crossed my mind to make is an issue here.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:43 PM   #123

Trailer: 2014 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
. Easy peasy, and even though regularly contributing on this forum, it never even crossed my mind to make is an issue here.
I was thinking it was better for folks to launch their raves and rants on this Forum and we could help them. Personally I am very careful taking any of Reace's time, it distracts him from overseeing the operations. Especially during this expansion.

Somehow he seems to find the time to review this Forum and set us straight
Klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:37 PM   #124

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem View Post
I was thinking it was better for folks to launch their raves and rants on this Forum and we could help them. Personally I am very careful taking any of Reace's time, it distracts him from overseeing the operations. Especially during this expansion.

Somehow he seems to find the time to review this Forum and set us straight
Actually, in this case, Reace came to me asking if I had this issue. I confirmed it, as it had me worrying the sound was bearings, even though I monitored the bearings, and they were cool, and surely were not in need of repacking anyway.

I don't think Reace minds at all about hearing of any issue like this, as it is how he learns in the first place their might be an issue with something. I am the same way with my company, I would much rather have someone complain to me about problems or issues encountered, rather that to complain about them to others. Sure, it might put me in a pout for a bit, nobody likes to hear bad things regarding something they care about, but in the end I suck it up, and am thankful they let me know.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:32 PM   #125

Trailer: ESCAPE #3 COMING - 19 FT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Actually, in this case, Reace came to me asking if I had this issue. I confirmed it, as it had me worrying the sound was bearings, even though I monitored the bearings, and they were cool, and surely were not in need of repacking anyway.

I don't think Reace minds at all about hearing of any issue like this, as it is how he learns in the first place their might be an issue with something. I am the same way with my company, I would much rather have someone complain to me about problems or issues encountered, rather that to complain about them to others. Sure, it might put me in a pout for a bit, nobody likes to hear bad things regarding something they care about, but in the end I suck it up, and am thankful they let me know.
Jim -cant agree enough. Product improvement, comes from knowing what went wrong, both big and small.
ken
ESCAPE #3, 19FT ON ORDER
TV - NOT YET, THINKING RIDGELINE OR F150
KEN AND DIANA, CALGARY
kvermeulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:13 PM   #126

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Mea culpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Here's another of the roof. Doesn't look like a "mold hole" to me- looks like some damage that was hastily patched...but I could be wrong. This is what Reace sent me the Proflex for; but I'm not touching. Seems for sure we're heading up to Chilliwack at some point.
Had a good conversation with Reace today. This is evidently a "blow hole" used to separate the shell from the mold after curing. The tape is used to "prevent gelcoat from contaminating the hole". Usually this is covered by an A/C unit and you wouldn't see it, or the tape is ground off and the hole is filled.

Will take the trailer up next Spring to Chilliwack and Escape is going to remedy the list that has accumulated over the last year. Will also see if anything can be safely done to mitigate the print-through around the door.

Have said it before and now again: we love our Escape. Sometimes in situations like these it's best to just sit down and have a conversation.
Attached Thumbnails
017.jpg  
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:21 PM   #127

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Now that I'm home from a road trip, I could look at the pic of the roof blemish closer. I realize that I had one of those, too, and Reace touched mine up when I took the trailer up to have the pump replaced (they went through a bad batch of pumps back in 2013).
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:11 PM   #128

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Had a good conversation with Reace today. This is evidently a "blow hole" used to separate the shell from the mold after curing.
Hope you are going to educate your marine surveyor and charge him for the lesson.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:22 PM   #129

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Had a good conversation with Reace today. This is evidently a "blow hole" used to separate the shell from the mold after curing. The tape is used to "prevent gelcoat from contaminating the hole". Usually this is covered by an A/C unit and you wouldn't see it, or the tape is ground off and the hole is filled.

Will take the trailer up next Spring to Chilliwack and Escape is going to remedy the list that has accumulated over the last year. Will also see if anything can be safely done to mitigate the print-through around the door.

Have said it before and now again: we love our Escape. Sometimes in situations like these it's best to just sit down and have a conversation.
Glad this is going to get resolved Rossue for you . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:24 PM   #130

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
I figured Reace would be the better person to contact (over forum members).
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:42 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Hope you are going to educate your marine surveyor and charge him for the lesson.
I forwarded the photo; he did not lift the tape, which by now is going to have to be ground off-as per Reace. It does look like impact marks outside the tape.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:48 PM   #132

So, he based his assessment on a photo?
Old 10-06-2015, 07:50 PM   #133

I sent him Reace's photo. As I said, he didn't remove the tape(which Reace says they will grind off), and has bleached white during the last year. Looks like impact marks around the tape.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:55 PM   #134

I'm nothing, if not confused.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:03 PM   #135

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Quote:
What's wrong with being both?
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:03 PM   #136

Quote:
"All I have is a photograph" Ringo heading your way....get some tickets!!
Attached Thumbnails
20151002_215946.jpg  
Old 10-06-2015, 08:08 PM   #137

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - SOLD 2016 Ram 1500 tug - ORDERED Van Replacement
Quote:
"All I have is a photograph" Ringo heading your way....get some tickets!!
Hi Ross, can you expand on your statement. What does the photo have to do with your blow hole issue that will be addressed ?
Old 10-06-2015, 08:26 PM   #138

I can't help everyone's confusion. All I know is I started in on this thread after going to the show and felt that it was a fitting end(at least for me).

Doesn't he look great? 75!!
Old 10-07-2015, 12:36 AM   #139

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
I'm glad the roof blemish turned out to be nothing more than a belly button. But I wonder if you can ask Reace to plumb the blow hole to the grey tank vent, so you can have a second overflow monitor?

Thar she blows!
Old 10-07-2015, 07:51 AM   #140

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
Gives one new ideas for trailer names...the Great White Whale!