leaky head vent! RRRR! - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2015, 01:21 PM   #61

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Ross, you seem to have more issues than people usually have which is unfortunate.

The most light we get by far in the morning is through the door area. The curtain across takes care of that. Have you shown them the photo and asked about the gap?

You should be able to have an RV shop do the bolting just as a welder is doing the welding and ETI should cover it. Have they not said that you can do that? The only thing we do on our roof is wash it and put 303. No way we would be drilling holes!

I see that three of the items involved other companies and are being addressed. We have not seen the hole on the roof. Have a photo?
Cathy- the thing is that they've seemed like small things- such as the rusty screws less than two weeks from taking delivery. However it just seems that there are regularly more things showing up and like lorrie, I believe our 2010 17B that we bought used had only one minor issue: the table slide broke as the table slid off because it never had the stop screw inserted. Tammy sent me new guides. Previous owners never had a problem. I haven't sent ETI a picture of the light you can see looking up from the bed, and yes CPA Harley I see them in all the other corners too in the build photos but this one evidently wasn't taken care of. The indent in the roof:
Attached Thumbnails
roof indent.jpg  
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:25 PM   #62

Not sure why we see this drip from time to time; usually after storing nose down in our driveway. See it drip when hooking up and bringing it up towards house with nose up. Thought there was no low point drain on the 21. It has that same yellow looking tape over a small hole in bottom of the fiberglass above the tank drain. Anyone know what this is? Normal?
Attached Thumbnails
low point drain2.jpg  
Old 10-04-2015, 01:26 PM   #63
xyz

Trailer: nunya
Quote:
Just for your info, Escape says their trailers are not for fulltiming...
I can't find this info, Googling lots of search phrases. Can you point me to documentation that states this please?
xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:33 PM   #64

Here's another of the roof. Doesn't look like a "mold hole" to me- looks like some damage that was hastily patched...but I could be wrong. This is what Reace sent me the Proflex for; but I'm not touching. Seems for sure we're heading up to Chilliwack at some point.
Attached Thumbnails
indent2.jpg  
Old 10-04-2015, 01:34 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridaynext View Post
I can't find this info, Googling lots of search phrases. Can you point me to documentation that states this please?
It's definitely in the owner's manual.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:35 PM   #66
xyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
It's definitely in the owner's manual.
Gotcha - will check that out. Thanks!
Old 10-04-2015, 01:59 PM   #67

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Wonder why they would have a statement like that? Folks full-time in a 13 Scamp and all kinds of rigs.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:00 PM   #68
xyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Wonder why they would have a statement like that? Folks full-time in a 13 Scamp and all kinds of rigs.
My wife and I were just talking about it - probably a CYA thing for warranty purposes.
Old 10-04-2015, 02:00 PM   #69

It is a condensation issue primarily, which can cause mold, which can cause serious health problems.
Old 10-04-2015, 02:10 PM   #70

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
[QUOTE=Rossue;113504]
Quote:
Ross, you seem to have more issues than people usually have which is unfortunate.

The most light we get by far in the morning is through the door area. The curtain across takes care of that. Have you shown them the photo and asked about the gap?

You should be able to have an RV shop do the bolting just as a welder is doing the welding and ETI should cover it. Have they not said that you can do that? The only thing we do on our roof is wash it and put 303. No way we would be drilling holes!

I see that three of the items involved other companies and are being addressed. We have not seen the hole on the roof. Have a photo? [END QUOTE]

Cathy- the thing is that they've seemed like small things- such as the rusty screws less than two weeks from taking delivery. However it just seems that there are regularly more things showing up and like lorrie, I believe our 2010 17B that we bough used had only one issue: the table slide broke as the table slid off because it never had the stop screw inserted. Tammy sent me new guides. Previous owners never had a problem. I haven't sent ETI a picture of the light you can see looking up from the bed, and yes CPA Harley I see them in all the other corners too in the build photos but this one evidently wasn't taken care of. The indent in the roof:
Okay, I see where you and Lorrie are coming from as you expected this trailer to be perfect after next to nothing with the last one but this one has more problems! We bought our 19' used and the owners expected it to be perfect but they had various little problems. Of course, we went from a trailer that we did not order to one that we did, so therein lies the difference. We have numerous improvements even though there are some issues. We know some others had some worse problems than we do and that includes you.

I would want to take that hole in the roof to someone or send the photos to them to see what they think. You have not removed the tape? I would get some others' opinions on the hole. Then see what you think. We had to get such opinions when we bought our 19' as one just does not know unless familiar with fiberglass work.

The only drip that is common is from the water heater. It is expected to drip and that is fine. Any other drip, we do not know about.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:08 PM   #71

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The holes in the bottom are drain holes for any water that may get inside, some have tape over them, others do not, I noticed about 8 on each side and front with about 1/4 being drilled open. If you have water constantly dripping then you need to find the leak.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:09 PM   #72

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19 "Tortuga"
Cathy, we are actively traveling around the country and have yet to sit still more than a couple of days. Not sure why ETI would say these aren't for full timers We are quite enjoying the freedom of travel and are very happy with a 40' overall rig. lots of places we 'fit' that even a couple feet longer and we wouldn't. we have all our insurance bases covered. we have had no condensation issues but it's been all summer. we won't be living on-board DEC-FEB.

The monitor is just possessed. once in a while it reads correct but mostly not. The water is prolly the most accurate but both holding tanks are anybodies guess. We even get false "full" on the gray tank. I can see on the black with toilet paper and such fogging the sensor but there's no reason the gray should be that far off. Oh the electric monitor works well! ;-)

living large in FL for another month.

steve
flatpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:51 PM   #73

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
The gray gets gunked up just like the black. Don't know why your monitor is wrong but expect it is related to full-timing. Ours have been wrong but soon straightened out.

I am sure that they don't want to pay for everything that stops working or breaks because of being used full time. Nothing to do with your enjoyment of it. There are folks who full-time in even smaller trailers and they love it. Wish I were in Florida!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:58 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The holes in the bottom are drain holes for any water that may get inside, some have tape over them, others do not, I noticed about 8 on each side and front with about 1/4 being drilled open. If you have water constantly dripping then you need to find the leak.
To answer Cathey's question, no I haven't touched the taped indent in the roof. You can see where one overlaps the other one and is lifting some. Been like that for a year.

Jim- am hooking up in a few days; we had about 2/100 inch of rain over the last three days. It doesn't always run, but am curious to see if it does this time.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:52 PM   #75

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
Is that what you kids are calling them these days?!?
"Bones" or "ribs," six of one, half dozen of the other.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:22 PM   #76

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
To answer Cathey's question, no I haven't touched the taped indent in the roof. You can see where one overlaps the other one and is lifting some. Been like that for a year.

Jim- am hooking up in a few days; we had about 2/100 inch of rain over the last three days. It doesn't always run, but am curious to see if it does this time.
Had one of those in the back near the bumper. Used an epoxy stick to make a small putty mass to smooth into the area. When cured, I touched it up with white paint. Hardly noticeable now.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:29 PM   #77

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Now that you mention it, I also had a place on the rear side where the fiberglass was wrinkled, I merely assumed it was the nature of being hand made versus machine made, a little imperfection gives it character.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:36 PM   #78

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfan View Post
Had one of those in the back near the bumper. Used an epoxy stick to make a small putty mass to smooth into the area. When cured, I touched it up with white paint. Hardly noticeable now.
Do you know if that hole was placed there to drain the pontoons? I suspect you don't want to fill it in.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:39 PM   #79

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
.... a little imperfection gives it character.
And that baglo is quite the character, eh?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:40 PM   #80

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Speaking of imperfection?