leaky head vent! RRRR! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2015, 09:36 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
I agree Lorrie!
But I do admit that this trailer is by far the best one I've owned or stayed in, without question. But there's always room for improvement on anything! I do believe once I get it under cover in a carport keeping the rain,sun and most of the grime off of it it will last for a very long time!
Slickheadhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:41 PM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Your Escape manual tells you what maintenance is required to keep it in 'like new' condition.
One of those is to inspect the caulking around exterior fixtures.
I don't see how failure of a sealant after many years is a quality-control issue.
My trailer gets dirty and requires re-waxing from time to time. I'm not going to blame ETI that it doesn't look sparkly new forever.
If you had an issue with the build of your 2007 trailer, you had until 2009, under warranty, to address that issue.
If you have issues now, your trailer is eight years old.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:51 PM   #23

Trailer: 2007 Escape 17B (sold); Currently 2013 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Your Escape manual tells you what maintenance is required to keep it in 'like new' condition.
One of those is to inspect the caulking around exterior fixtures.
I don't see how failure of a sealant after many years is a quality-control issue.
My trailer gets dirty and requires re-waxing from time to time. I'm not going to blame ETI that it doesn't look sparkly new forever.
If you had an issue with the build of your 2007 trailer, you had until 2009, under warranty, to address that issue.
If you have issues now, your trailer is eight years old.
Whoa! The person who has a leaky roof has a 2012. I don't have a leaking issue. You missed my point entirely in your haste to gallop to the defense. The point was that my trailer has had no issues whatsoever, despite being much older, built back when ETI was a smaller company and probably not so rushed. I do have a small peel of the headliner just starting, but I would fully expect that after 8 years in our "Wet Coast" climate.
lorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:57 PM   #24

Trailer: ""
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrie View Post
Whoa! The person who has a leaky roof has a 2012. I don't have a leaking issue. You missed my point entirely in your haste to gallop to the defense. The point was that my trailer has had no issues whatsoever, despite being much older, built back when ETI was a smaller company and probably not so rushed. I do have a small peel of the headliner just starting, but I would fully expect that after 8 years in our "Wet Coast" climate.
The cheerleaders just rush in.
BillM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:03 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 escape 17b -sia-
SlickHeadHunter, Lorrie & BillM,
I too made the grave error making a suggestion of what I thought could
be an improvement to an already great trailer in my post of introduction
see thread "Back on the Island"
- hence received little or no welcome to this site as I see most
introductions get.
- lesson learned.....no more suggestions from me
-I AM STILL THRILLED WITH MY NEW 17b - SIA
FGunderson
fgunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:06 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickheadhunter View Post
I agree Lorrie!
But I do admit that this trailer is by far the best one I've owned or stayed in, without question. But there's always room for improvement on anything! I do believe once I get it under cover in a carport keeping the rain,sun and most of the grime off of it it will last for a very long time!
I think even ETI realizes that they need to slow production down abit to get back to their flawless quality control. Reace and Tammy take incredible pride in their trailers, and rightfully so. Even though these are minor issues, I can see how they would be annoying to someone who has just spent major $ on a trailer based on the impeccable reputation of ETI. They make a very special product and I want them to keep that reputation.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:08 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgunderson View Post
SlickHeadHunter, Lorrie & BillM,
I too made the grave error making a suggestion of what I thought could
be an improvement to an already great trailer in my post of introduction
introductions get.
-I AM STILL THRILLED WITH MY NEW 17b - SIA
FGunderson
I guess I'm a slow learner Glad you love your trailer too
Old 10-02-2015, 10:10 PM   #28

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
I don't let it bother me in the least! I speak my mind respectfully and leave it at that!
Slickheadhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:19 PM   #29

Whoa! A 2012 trailer is three years old and the manual recommends inspecting the sealant yearly.
Stuff happens, especially to things that move and flex.
I don't see how this issue can be attributed to build quality.
And, my wife says I'm crabby tonight.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:26 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgunderson View Post
introductions get.
I just re-read that thread. I think you should also.
Nobody said "great idea", but they didn't reject it either. They just advised of existing alternatives.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:44 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Whoa! A 2012 trailer is three years old and the manual recommends inspecting the sealant yearly.
Stuff happens, especially to things that move and flex.
I don't see how this issue can be attributed to build quality.
And, my wife says I'm crabby tonight.
Whether you see how this issue can be attributed to build quality, or not, it not a reason to jump down someone's throat. As you can see, even people who have complaints love their trailer. And whether you want to admit it or not, there have been alot of minor quality control issues cropping up on the newer trailers, ie. sagging headliners, untightened pipes, uncaulked screws, loose nails, excessive dust left behind, etc. These are minor issues and don't mean that the build quality is poor, but they do suggest that last minute loose ends are not being tied up and final inspections are being rushed. These kinds of things would have been caught in the old days.

And, please tell your wife she's right.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:54 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrie View Post
And whether you want to admit it or not, there have been alot of minor quality control issues cropping up on the newer trailers
And, if you wish, you can start a thread on that subject. All I have been saying is the issue of a leak due to worn or missing sealant is a maintenance issue, not a quality-control issue.
I haven't bought a trailer since 2008, nor do I plan to, so I have no comment.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:36 AM   #33

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Wow! What did I miss here? Sorry, went to see Ringo- Peace & Love, man is he great!!
And- he's 75; talk about standing the test of time!!!
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 07:00 AM   #34

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19 "Tortuga"
wow. you guys sure like to talk! a little tiny dab of caulking missed on a screw head is all she wrote.

steve
flatpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:51 AM   #35

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
If liking Escape trailers, the company and the people, including and despite the issues faced and dealt with, plus enjoying having met 100's of owners, labels one with the derogatory term of "fanboy", then I guess that is what I am.

Stuff happens! It has happened to me with my 19, both minor and major. I dealt with it myself and moved on without whining and complaining. I could make a list of dozens of these items. These issues that arise need not be looked at negatively, but instead can be a source of learning, and educating for others, including Escape.

I don't discount any single issue or problem that people have with their Escape trailer, it is more an issue with being negative about these issues, rather than being constructive.

I have not spent any time there, but I bet the Scamp and Casita forums will have at least as many reported issues there too, maybe more. Look at the issues with the Parkliner and their production issues, yet there are still many fans.

Steve did right by mentioning his issue. Something that would be a bit frustrating for sure, but something he figured out what the issue is, came looking for a cure, and found it. This will help prompt others to check these kind of maintenance things and prevent the possibility of them of happening to others, as well as learning of a product to use for repair.

If people want a moulded fibreglass trailer, and want better features with it, there are options. Firstly, you could do the upgrades yourself, and get what you really want. I plan to do lots of it on my upcoming 5.0 build. Another option is to purchase a trailer with these upgraded features built in, like the Nest Caravan , or the Oliver. Of course you need to compare costs too, with their starting prices being near double that of an equivalent sized Escape (taking into account current exchange rates).

I am in no way saying that Escape has a perfect product, BUT they do make huge efforts to improve things while trying to meet the demand. It is easy to sit back at our computers and criticize, but in reality it takes a lot of effort to make these design and production issues, something I know for a fact they are spending a lot of time right now addressing. There is a reason for their huge backlog in production......They produce a product that folks do find good value in.

Anyway, my post is not intended as a "flame" in any way, just how I, myself, like to look at things. I always strive to stay positive, and stress free, something that has worked good for me over the years, and something I hope to do until the end of my days.

Cheers!
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:47 AM   #36

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
As far as a Escape fan club issue, or the perceived good ole boys club, I think it comes from those who do not participate as much as others, perhaps. Senior member status to your name has nothing to do with age, but participation. In addition attending rallies and meeting other owners help place a face with a name. I believe camaraderie perhaps is a better word and it exists here and out on the road. I have had members attending a rally seek to meet me and express appreciation for some help. I believe we all want to help one another here, but just go about it differently.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:58 AM   #37

Trailer: 2005 Escape 17B Sold 2016. 2016 Escape 19 Sold 2019. 2019 Escape 21 picked up Sep 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM View Post
ETI arbitrarily changed my Build Date sign off and silently dropped the shared delivery cost option.
I am a fan of ETI, but I have to agree about changing the build date sign off. That happened to me too... received a new build sheet with a build date a month sooner, with no explanation whatsoever. I had to contact them to find out what was going on. I assumed that our trailer had moved up a month in the production schedule, but that wasn't it. ETI has changed the lead time for build sheet sign off to 2 months instead of 1.

Affected customers really should have been given a heads up on this rather than receiving a build sheet with a different date with no explanation.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:02 AM   #38

Trailer: ESCAPE #3 COMING - 19 FT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Reace sent me ProflexRV by Geocel for different issue. It says on it for use on roofs.
I used proflex to seal a leak where a wire enters trailer. It works well and is very sticky.
ken
ESCAPE #3, 19FT ON ORDER
TV - NOT YET, THINKING RIDGELINE OR F150
KEN AND DIANA, CALGARY
kvermeulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:12 AM   #39

Trailer: ""
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallemann View Post
I am a fan of ETI, but I have to agree about changing the build date sign off. That happened to me too... received a new build sheet with a build date a month sooner, with no explanation whatsoever. I had to contact them to find out what was going on. I assumed that our trailer had moved up a month in the production schedule, but that wasn't it. ETI has changed the lead time for build sheet sign off to 2 months instead of 1.

Affected customers really should have been given a heads up on this rather than receiving a build sheet with a different date with no explanation.
In fairness I was advised by e-mail that it was being done to stagger build dates rather than have them coming due all at once. I can accept that reasoning but would have preferred that it not be done after I already had a date I was working toward. Perhaps after I get my trailer, it's systems are purring along and the purchase fades from my memory I will become a fan.
BillM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:23 AM   #40

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
For those who wish to become a fan.....
Attached Images