LED dome lights - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2018, 06:18 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 5.0
LED dome lights

Two of our 6 large dome lights have failed since delivery in April. ETI is offering to replace them under warranty. They now use a light that has replaceable bulbs vs the ones I have that require the whole light to be changed. My thought is I don't want lights that fail so quickly and after warranty I will be paying the bill. If the old ones are not good enough for new trailers they are not good enough for me!

kfsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 06:27 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A
two of mine flicker or don't have a complete "bar" of light. i guess i'll give a call and schedule replacement in May.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:36 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape 21'LE DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I'm glad to hear this, I did not like the idea of non replaceable bulb, so the switch back is good to hear. It can give you a variety of choices for replacement as the bulbs are numerous that will fit.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:55 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfsmith View Post
Two of our 6 large dome lights have failed since delivery in April. ETI is offering to replace them under warranty. They now use a light that has replaceable bulbs vs the ones I have that require the whole light to be changed. My thought is I don't want lights that fail so quickly and after warranty I will be paying the bill. If the old ones are not good enough for new trailers they are not good enough for me!
Would you happen to know the make / model # of the one Escape is using now?
Old 10-28-2018, 01:28 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape 21 due Dec 2018, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
We experienced a failure in one of the dome lights in our old 17, which was also replaced under warranty back in May, so it’s good to hear that for our new 21 there will be a newer light fitting.

I know that from a discussion we had with Reace, he finds extreme frustration with suppliers whose products fail much more often than expected. I know from reading pages of the forum that workmanship failiure by ETI is relatively rare.More often it’s failiure of purchased components that causes bigger issues to ETI and their customers.
Chris & Patricia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:01 AM   #6

So this morning a third (3 of 6) dome lights have failed.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:08 AM   #7

Trailer: Escape 21 due Dec 2018, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
So this morning a third (3 of 6) dome lights have failed.
Why don’t you contact Reace at ETI and ask him to mail you a new light fixture (s) with instructions on how to change them? I’m sure that they are not that tricky to replace.
Chris & Patricia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:23 AM   #8

Please read my first post. It outlines my issues.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:33 AM   #9
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape 21'LE DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Quote:
Please read my first post. It outlines my issues.
But you state if the old ones do not work you are not interested but on the other hand Escape is not using the old ones anymore, but a new style with replaceable bulbs, that is an improvement vs replacing the entire light assembly. Not sure what else you want. You can always replace the lights with your own style, what ever that may be, at your own expense. But Escape is replacing any defective light with a new style light...as you mention.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:34 AM   #10

Trailer: TBD
We had a ceiling light fixture in our 2018 fail . I called ETI and they asked me to send a picture of the defective light fixture so they could send me a matching fixture.
The fixture they sent me was the exact same fixture as I had . I replaced the fixture and it worked . Now we have another fixture that is doing the same thing ( Blinking/ flickering)
If the original style of fixtures are defective it doesn’t make a lot of sense to keep installing defective fixtures until your out of warranty. . Are the new style fixtures the same physical size and shape as the defective ones ? If they are different will the new ones have matching mounting holes ? Will they cover the old holes in the head liner ?
If ETI sends you the new style fixtures as replacements then you could end up with mismatched fixtures in a relatively new trailer so you would have to replace all the fixtures to have them match
ETI needs to come up with an answer that satisfies the OP and others who are encountering this problem . ETI’s supplier is really the source of this issue IMHO and hopefully ETI can work out a solution with them .
I can understand the OP’s frustration .