Length of shore power chord? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2014, 01:18 AM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
They have an expansive front window, luxury leather arm chairs that swivel, heated / refrigerated cup holders and the two front chairs are far enough apart that the guests, ensconced in their own vibrating chairs have a view.
And they're probably watching TV anyway.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:50 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I like those wooden "site boundary" shown in those pictures, Glenn. Far too often, someone will park a behemoth next door and open their slides and extend over into "your camping area". I was in a cg in Nebraska when the person extended their slide and it touched my picnic table which was partially under my awning. I approached them and asked if they can retreat the slide a little for "safety concerns". They moved to another bigger site.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:54 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Back to the subject at hand, in the winter the power cord does get a little stiff and inflexible and harder to coil than in the summer warmth. I then throw the stiff cord in the back of my truck, rather than wrestle with it in the cold. The next time we went camping, I took my FJ Cruiser and upon stopping realized I was without my power cord. Fortunately I carry a 25' extension cord and the 30/15 adapter. As long as you don't use your a/c the extension cord is adequate.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:33 AM   #24
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I don't understand this. Wouldn't they have to sit in the driver's and passenger's seats of those behemoths to enjoy the view? And what fun could that be?
Karen, if you look at big mohos, most don't have a rear window. In order to have any view.. an owner would need to nose in to view out the windshield. And actually it's not that bad. No different than a 19' Escape owner sitting at the front dinette and looking out the rear window of the trailer.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:31 AM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
..... ensconced
So what now, is this the word of the month on the forum? First Myron, now you. This place is getting too hoity toity for this redneck.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:10 AM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All...You never know where the "Current bush" will be. We have an extra 25' of RV cord+ 50' of extension cord. It all fits on top of the gas bottles with the water hose as well. Here in Oyster Bay RV Park the sewer hook is near, the power& water on the other side. Glad we have 50' of both.
On another note, yesterday with the help of neighbours, changed the mirrors on the truck to real trailer tow ones. Heated, powered, and extendable...$239. pr. from AoneA auto. Custom made to fit Nissan Frontiers. I'll post pics later. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Ft. Myers Beach Florida for now
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:00 AM   #27

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Hey Alf, I presume your Frontier is a Canadian model? I was looking at those mirrors that others have talked about, but wasn't sure if there were any differences between American or Canadian models. I'd appreciate it if you sent a link to the specific mirrors you installed. Thanks!

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2018 Ford F150
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:03 PM   #28

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I don't understand this. Wouldn't they have to sit in the driver's and passenger's seats of those behemoths to enjoy the view? And what fun could that be?
The driver and front passenger seats of a class A motorhome are part of the living area. They are usually cushy reclining armchairs, which swivel if desired to face into the interior. Turned to face each other, they're a conversation area with the windshield as a big window beside you... just like the dinette in the back of a typical trailer, but with better windows, and up to 14" wider than an Escape 21' or 5.0TA. Baglo's campsite looks like a great place to enjoy this setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Karen, if you look at big mohos, most don't have a rear window. In order to have any view.. an owner would need to nose in to view out the windshield.
That's true of any size of motorhome. Almost all RVs with a permanent bed have the bed in one end and the living area in the other end. In a motorhome, it is obviously not practical to drive from the bedroom, so the living area is in front. They're the same general layout as trailers, but trailers (especially larger ones and almost always 5th wheels) are typically the other way around (bedroom in front). Just as many trailers don't have front window in their front bedroom, many motorhomes don't have a rear window in their rear bedroom.

Despite all the good-natured cracks about monster motorhomes, all sizes and types of RV are more alike than different.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:16 PM   #29

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey View Post
Hey Alf, I presume your Frontier is a Canadian model? I was looking at those mirrors that others have talked about, but wasn't sure if there were any differences between American or Canadian models. I'd appreciate it if you sent a link to the specific mirrors you installed. Thanks!
It's exceptionally rare for the U.S. and Canadian models of any vehicle to have any significant differences - usually it's just the trim levels and option availability. It seems very likely that Alf's mirrors will be the same as those in the U.S., and almost certain that the mirror mounting will be the same, but it never hurts to check.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote