Looking to see one up close - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #1

Looking to see one up close

Is there anyone in the New York or Virginia area with an Escape? Currently I egg in a 13' 74 Boler, usually with 2 greyhounds.

I'm practically connvinced to buy an Escape 17 or 19' just from the info I've read, but I know I should first see one in the flesh, or rather fiberglass.
I'm working on a plan: to use it if a few years, then fulltime in it after retiring in anywhere from 2-5 yrs.
Deb
Old 04-05-2009, 02:03 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 'Houdini 2'
Re: Looking to see one up close

Hi Deb,
We are picking up our 19' on May 7th, then traveling for 5 weeks in it exploring Utah, AZ, NM and CO before coming home. If you can take a trip up to Vermont sometime after mid June, and can bear to wait until then to see one, we'd love to show you ours. We will certainly know a lot about it after a long trip and would be glad to share with you. Ian and I rescued and found homes for 433 greyhounds from a nearby track for nearly 30 years, so it would be fun to meet you and your heavenly creatures! Jenny
Old 04-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #3

Jenny,
Thanks for the invite. Sure I can make it to VT! Where in VT are you?
Your return trip sounds wonderful
You rescued 233 greyhounds Bless you.A tad off topic, but there's a greyhound gathering in NY fingerlakes area in July, called Grapehounds..wine touring and greyhounds. I'll be camping there in my Boler. Maybe you're interested 8)
Deb
Old 04-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #4

We are in Southeastern VT about 1/2 hour from the Mass border and 10 mins from NH. Let us know when you would like to come and you can stay overnight.
Off topic again, but we can't do the trip in July, but have done that one many years ago with a large group of adoptables. Nice place. You will have fun!
Old 04-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #5

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb h
Is there anyone in the New York or Virginia area with an Escape? Currently I egg in a 13' 74 Boler, usually with 2 greyhounds.

I'm practically connvinced to buy an Escape 17 or 19' just from the info I've read, but I know I should first see one in the flesh, or rather fiberglass.
I'm working on a plan: to use it if a few years, then fulltime in it after retiring in anywhere from 2-5 yrs.
Deb
I have a feeling you meant Vermont, not Virginia, but if it is Virginia, we're in Blacksburg, off I-81 in the Southwest.
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddys
We are in Southeastern VT about 1/2 hour from the Mass border and 10 mins from NH. Let us know when you would like to come and you can stay overnight.
Off topic again, but we can't do the trip in July, but have done that one many years ago with a large group of adoptables. Nice place. You will have fun!
A weekend in mid to late august would be a good time for me. I work many weekends, so between work and trips for fun, most summer weekends are accounted for already. 8)
Perhaps the 22nd?
And oops, I see now you rescued 433 greyhounds, not 233. WOW! That's GREYT.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieEscape
I have a feeling you meant Vermont, not Virginia, but if it is Virginia, we're in Blacksburg, off I-81 in the Southwest.
[/quote]
I actually did mean Virginia. I have family in Fredericksberg that I visit a few times a year. Are you near there?
Old 04-06-2009, 07:40 AM   #8

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb h
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieEscape
I actually did mean Virginia. I have family in Fredericksberg that I visit a few times a year. Are you near there?
[/quote]
Not really. Fredricksburg is 1 hour North of Richmond, we are 3 1/2 hours SW of Richmond. If you were coming straight down I-81 from NY, it's about 3 1/2 hours after you come to the Virginia border. But, if you want to see the most beautiful part of the state, come see us, 'cause we live in it!
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #9

Vermont is actually much closer. Perhaps once I get my Escape, I'll pass by and visit the most beautiful part of the state.
Deb
Old 04-07-2009, 07:35 AM   #10

Hi Deb, We'd love to see you in August. It is a busy month for us so let's communicate by e-mail. We don't want to miss you! Jenny
Old 04-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #11

Jenny, I sent you an email on this site.