Lp Tank Hoses - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2017, 09:08 PM   #1

Lp Tank Hoses

Word to the unwise.. As I am sure there will be folks who always .. check their lines multiple times a season since they get to camp more then I do currently.

Anyhow ,
I prepped my 19 as normal in the spring of this year checked all the stuff including the LP tank feed lines from the regulator. No issues, I do not use the tanks but for travel for the refrigerator and then the hot water as needed. When I open them I do a minor check listening for leaks and running the back of my hand by all the connections every time and never felt a thing.

Last weekend prepping It for parking for the winter I swap out the tanks for fresh ones as it is my bug out location if I loose power for excessive amount of days ie more then 3 . I swap the tanks and leak test .... tada the right pig tail is leaking like a sieve I can hear it , reseat connection nope. The connection to the tank valve from the hose was leaking.

So shut it all down order 3 new hoses replace both of the ones on the 19 and have a spare and ordered an auto switch over regulator just on the off chance it fails on me . The regulator is just me being me .

Both hoses were extremely stiff which surprised me since they are under the cover all the time. So word to the wise if your hoses are more then a few years old you may want to check them more often. Had mine switched over to that tank I would have never known till I stepped out side and smelled it ..... YMMV

Cypher
Cypherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:16 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherian View Post
Word to the unwise.. As I am sure there will be folks who always .. check their lines multiple times a season since they get to camp more then I do currently.

Anyhow ,
I prepped my 19 as normal in the spring of this year checked all the stuff including the LP tank feed lines from the regulator. No issues, I do not use the tanks but for travel for the refrigerator and then the hot water as needed. When I open them I do a minor check listening for leaks and running the back of my hand by all the connections every time and never felt a thing.

Last weekend prepping It for parking for the winter I swap out the tanks for fresh ones as it is my bug out location if I loose power for excessive amount of days ie more then 3 . I swap the tanks and leak test .... tada the right pig tail is leaking like a sieve I can hear it , reseat connection nope. The connection to the tank valve from the hose was leaking.

So shut it all down order 3 new hoses replace both of the ones on the 19 and have a spare and ordered an auto switch over regulator just on the off chance it fails on me . The regulator is just me being me .

Both hoses were extremely stiff which surprised me since they are under the cover all the time. So word to the wise if your hoses are more then a few years old you may want to check them more often. Had mine switched over to that tank I would have never known till I stepped out side and smelled it ..... YMMV

Cypher
Cypher last year had to change all that too. One hose was leaking and you could smell it. I think the rubber is the problem . How about windshield blades that don't last like they use too. Glad you discovered the leaking . Think I do a check again too. Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote