making the bed in a 19' Escape - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2016, 03:25 PM   #21

Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 Silverado 2500 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
Anybody looking for a solution to the camper sleeping dilemma, should check out wiggy's.com and the slumber bag. Comfortable to 40*, machine washable and dry able, 84"X36" (long and wide) and can be zipped together for coziness. It is warm, but not too warm, cool, but not too cool, clean and neat. We love it for our Escape 21. Shake it out, roll it up, spread it out, it always looks and performs well.....$80.00 each
Thanks Steve and Debbie. Have you washed it a lot since you have it? Do you suggest sheets on the inside or is the material comfortable as is? What was your warmest and coldest temperatures you used it with?

I love the idea of this bag, especially that you can zip two of the together! Having gone on 2 very long trips so far with our 5.0 TA (9 weeks with our inaugural trip in the fall and 8 weeks this spring into early summer), and having to make the bed and wash sheets and put back on several times each trip, I am seriously thinking of trying this slumber bag x 2. I can make a cover for the mattress and leave it on.

I was seriously thinking about the one that Kountrykamper shared, but this one sounds a lot easier to deal with. Plus if it actually is not too hot and not too cold it will be ideal!
Lucy
Joe Walsh
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:51 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
I like the idea of the RV Superbag, and the Travasak. I just don't like the price.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:57 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Good thing that I tuned into this thread or I may never have found out that there are issues making the bed in my 19'.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:58 PM   #24

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
We just use two sleeping bags zipped together to make a double bed. One is a 3 lb. bag and the other a 5 lb. bag. If it's cold, the 5 lb. bag is the top.
No need for sheets. The bags go in the washer and dryer ( one bag at a time ).
Old 07-09-2016, 04:02 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie & Lucy View Post
Thanks Steve and Debbie. Have you washed it a lot since you have it? Do you suggest sheets on the inside or is the material comfortable as is? What was your warmest and coldest temperatures you used it with?

I love the idea of this bag, especially that you can zip two of the together! Having gone on 2 very long trips so far with our 5.0 TA (9 weeks with our inaugural trip in the fall and 8 weeks this spring into early summer), and having to make the bed and wash sheets and put back on several times each trip, I am seriously thinking of trying this slumber bag x 2. I can make a cover for the mattress and leave it on.

I was seriously thinking about the one that Kountrykamper shared, but this one sounds a lot easier to deal with. Plus if it actually is not too hot and not too cold it will be ideal!
Lucy
Yes, we have to wash the sheets, umpteenth time on this trip, but I bought new beautiful pale blue sheets for the 21'. It is so nice to put them back on that I don't mind! Have them in the dryer right now.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:43 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I like the idea of the RV Superbag, and the Travasak. I just don't like the price.
Many do like the idea of them, and using them. It certainly isn't for me. I use a sleeping bag when backcountry camping, and unless it is winter, I always open it up fully and use it as a blanket, as I do have a down filled air mattress below me. I hate not being able to stick my feet out the end. I know, I am weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
Good thing that I tuned into this thread or I may never have found out that there are issues making the bed in my 19'.
I know, eh. We never really had any problems in our 19 either.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:53 PM   #27

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I hate not being able to stick my feet out the end. I know, I am weird. .
I am the same way. But you are weird anyway.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:06 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
But you are weird anyway.
Thanks you for the words of acceptance.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-09-2016, 09:36 PM   #29

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:

Lucy
Hi Lucy, We have washed and dried it only twice, but it comes out perfect. Wiggy says he washes his after every use and he has washed and dried it hundreds of times. They are very well made in Colorado and have heavy duty zippers. The inside is nylon-like, but softer and more comfortable. They sell liners for the individual bags, but not sure if they have a larger one for two bags zipped together. If we decide we need a liner, we will probably sew our own.
They are rated to 40*, but the coolest we have used it is low 50's. The warmest was mid 60's. The zipper works great for temp control. I am tall(6'4") and the length and width is roomy.

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 02:20 AM   #30

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Making the queen sized bed is difficult ... We need a digital thermostat for the furnace ... Our air conditioner is too noisy ... We misplace the remote for our Max fan ... I needed to cut holes in the bathroom door so the heated air would balance the temperature while I take a hot shower ... and, it takes just a little too long for the Chardonay to chill in the fridge. Boy, if I knew that camping was going to be so tough, I would have been better off using the money spent on my trailer to rent hotel rooms, huh? Should have done more research.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:41 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Making the queen sized bed is difficult ... We need a digital thermostat for the furnace ... Our air conditioner is too noisy ... We misplace the remote for our Max fan ... I needed to cut holes in the bathroom door so the heated air would balance the temperature while I take a hot shower ... and, it takes just a little too long for the Chardonay to chill in the fridge. Boy, if I knew that camping was going to be so tough, I would have been better off using the money spent on my trailer to rent hotel rooms, huh? Should have done more research.
In the infamous words of an ex-coworker about camping "I can't understand why anyone would go to so much trouble just to inconvenience themselves".

Methinks you do understand.
Oh, and isn't warm Chardonnay part of the camping experience?
Old 07-10-2016, 07:26 AM   #32

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
In the infamous words of an ex-coworker about camping "I can't understand why anyone would go to so much trouble just to inconvenience themselves".

Methinks you do understand.
Oh, and isn't warm Chardonnay part of the camping experience?
It's so intregal to the mileiu, that I don't bother reading which box I'm grabbing off the counter to fill my glass .
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:42 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
It's so intregal to the mileiu, that I don't bother reading which box I'm grabbing off the counter to fill my glass .
What a rebel! LOL
Old 07-10-2016, 07:54 AM   #34

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:

Lucy
Also the RV Superbag has a winter side and a summer side. You just flip it over and put the side you want up. You can have the sides zipped or unzipped. When unzipped it's just like a blanket. Sheets velcro in and you can get upgraded cotton sheets which feel great. We just leave the bottom zipped so not good if you want to hang your feet out. A little pricy but we buy $35,000 campers and $40,000 vehicles to pull them so why not have good bedding. We have several friends that have them too.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:18 AM   #35

Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 Silverado 2500 Duramax
making the bed in a 19' Escape

Well... After serious consideration and discussion I ordered the slumber bags from Wiggys.com. I changed out the sheets and blankets I struggle to get on and keep on the bed. Put on the comforter cover I made last year to bring with the down comforter when we went to pick up our 5.0TA in the fall. (So now it will be a permanent mattress cover)
The 2nd reiteration of bed making (for our last trip April 30-June 24) we had fleece sheets to start with and one fleece blanket and a velour blanket. Depending on how cool or hot it was we had with a one, 2 or 3 blanket night (using the fleece sheet as a blanket too). So now we are going onto our 3rd reiteration of blankets using the slumber bags on top of a mattress cover.

Once we get the slumber bags and use I will let you know how we liked using it!
Lucy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joe Walsh
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:49 AM   #36

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Great job on the comforter cover and color scheme. It looks so inviting, I think I'm ready for a nap. Here's hoping for a happy ending with the slumber bag

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote