Maxx Fan - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape
We attempted to send in a warranty card. The card was returned by the postal service stamped with a message that the prepaid code was not active.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Airxcel | Maxxair | Literature & Documents
This site has manuals - I checked 2 models and there are manuals.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19'
Hmm, interesting that they provide a manual for PC Board replacement, but not an operating manual.

There is an installation/operation manual available for the deluxe model in the file section in the forum here.
KirkB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #24
ksb

Trailer: _
Maxx fan question - lock position

can't seem to get the fan in the lock position, have tried pushing on the knob but it does not slip into lock position (don't want to break it). the vent is closed. any suggestions?

also, it seems the fan just does not move a lot of air,even with the vent open fully. we close all but one window but that does not seem to help.
ksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:21 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
the lock is not that critical, as long as it is closed I doubt it will open. The speed and air movement is important, do you have it on max speed and is it in or exhaust?
Old 08-31-2013, 01:25 PM   #26
ksb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
the lock is not that critical, as long as it is closed I doubt it will open. The speed and air movement is important, do you have it on max speed and is it in or exhaust?
its on exhaust, max speed. just seems to be less effective than the fantastic fan we had previously.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:26 PM   #27

how do you know it is on max speed? there is a manual speed and an automatic speed, you maybe on auto vs manual
Old 08-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #28

Trailer: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by katinfoco View Post
its on exhaust, max speed. just seems to be less effective than the fantastic fan we had previously.
K,
The MaxxFan in the Escape has 2 controls: a continuous Thermostat control and a distinct 1..2..3.. control knob. The one in the Scamp did not. So you can control speed via that thermostat in addition to the 1..2..3.. knob. It took us a bit to sort that out after having used the Scamp fan.
Fran
Sold both 7/22
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:08 PM   #29
ksb

Quote:
how do you know it is on max speed? there is a manual speed and an automatic speed, you maybe on auto vs manual
tried both manual and auto, tstat is set at the coldest setting....will check again though. thanks
Old 08-31-2013, 05:25 PM   #30

I find it operates better off the thermostat, that setting regulates the speed, in manual you will have 10 speeds, try all 10 and compare.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #31
ksb

found the problem....unscrewed the locking knob and found that the Locking Knob Shaft was installed incorrectly. There was a stop/nub on the shaft that prevented the knob from locking. shifted the locking knob shaft and now the unit can be locked in place with a "push up"
Old 09-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #32

Trailer: none
Good job! You'll get this all figured out soon enough!
Sold both 7/22
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #33

what about the speed issue, has it cleared up?
Old 07-21-2015, 08:44 PM   #34

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Airxcel customer service

Quote:
Did you call them, every time I have called they were responsive...
Service & Support
Request Product Support Tech Support Request Form
E-Mail Address rvp_support@airxcel.com
Phone Number (316) 832-4357
Fax Number (316) 832-3417
Our fan worked fine when we returned home in April, but since then the 5.0TA has been sitting with the battery switch on, being recharged by the solar panel. When we recently tried to turn on the fan, nothing happened, no beep, blink, or flash. I checked this thread and tried holding the on/off button for several seconds and tried flipping off the battery switch, first for a few seconds and then longer. Neither cured the problem.
I check the website and couldn't find any troubleshooting help, mostly manuals that I already had. I called (316) 832-4357 and got a message saying that the website had every answer a consumer could ever want and repeatedly telling me that this phone line was for professional installers only. I stuck with it and finally got a guy who dismissed me when I was unable to tell him the exact incoming voltage to the fan.
I next called Escape and spoke to Ray. She suggested that I call Airxcel customer service and was sure they would take care of me. I related my previous experience and she volunteered to call them for me, but instead I asked her for a contact at Airxcel and she said she had always had good luck working with Eric.
On my next call, I went through the same phone menu and this time ended up in a different customer service person's voicemail where I left a message requesting a callback from Eric. Eric called a few minutes later and walked me through disassembling the fan to the point where I could test the voltage. He gave the number responses needed to get through to him when I called back. I checked the voltage going to the fan, which was 13.2. I called him back, got voice mail, left a message for Eric, and got his callback within a hour. Told him the voltage and he asked for the serial number, which I had found while checking the voltage. He next asked for my shipping address and said a new PCB would be on its way immediately. He emailed installation instructions. I expect to have a running Maxxfan very soon.
D&R_SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:20 PM   #35

Trailer: 2012- 17'B.... 2016 Tacoma SR5 TRD
Yes , last week our Maxfan quit as well this is it's 4th summer . At first the speed control would not work , just ran at a constant speed . No off no nothing . So I turned off the main power , fan went off then with main power back on and the fan was dead . Would not come back on . We where at Salmon lake 37c . I took the outer cowling down and found this circuit board... nothing to fix here . So we drove to Kamloops 42c and $425 dollars later and about a hour to install JUST the cowling It runs as new. For now , dependability 2 out of 10 .
I thought these fans where better than this . Note / they don't sell parts just the whole kit . $$$

Mike
Old 07-21-2015, 10:11 PM   #36

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19'
Since we're on the subject, I too am having problems with my Maxx fan. It only works intermittently (continuous mode, not thermostat). It will just abruptly shut off. Sometimes it won't come on at all. I usually have to give it the 'ol fist bump and it comes on. I'm not great with electronics but I know the basics and I can solder. Loose connection, bad control board, motor?
Daubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:56 AM   #37

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
The Fantastic Vent would be a replacement option if anyone gets to that point, liked it better then the Maxx, but that's 9 years ago. You do lose the fancy roof cover.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:31 AM   #38

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubsy View Post
Since we're on the subject, I too am having problems with my Maxx fan. It only works intermittently (continuous mode, not thermostat). It will just abruptly shut off. Sometimes it won't come on at all. I usually have to give it the 'ol fist bump and it comes on. I'm not great with electronics but I know the basics and I can solder. Loose connection, bad control board, motor?
Others on this thread have replaced the control board and solved their problems.
Remove the screen, remove the cover adjusting knob, remove the four screws, and drop down the fan blade unit to expose the wires. Check the incoming voltage and if it's over 12 volts, it's probably the PCB. Airxcel replaced mine once I told them the fan was receiving 13.2 volts and gave them the serial number, which you can see when you are checking the voltage. The only hassle was working through their phone system.

David
D&R_SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:05 AM   #39

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
The Fantastic Vent would be a replacement option if anyone gets to that point, liked it better then the Maxx, but that's 9 years ago. You do lose the fancy roof cover.
You need to explain why you like the Fantastic. Everything I've ever read, both here and on FGRV, indicate that Maxxfan is way better than Fantastic Fan.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:56 AM   #40

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You need to explain why you like the Fantastic. Everything I've ever read, both here and on FGRV, indicate that Maxxfan is way better than Fantastic Fan.
Hi: gbaglo... I could be in trouble here but I thought I read somewhere that both fan co's where owned by the same... Dometic? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote