Microwave Questions - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2017, 06:07 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for 4th Maiden Voyage
I noticed yesterday that Costco has two brands of small convention ovens ... Cruisinart and (I think) Oyster. They were much lighter than a microwave but both required 1800 watt input. That is a lot of power if you are not plugged in.

I thinking about removing my mico because of its ability to take the "shine" off my twin 6v batteries. The extra storage will be much more useful to me.

Tom

Old 01-07-2017, 06:32 PM   #12

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post
I noticed yesterday that Costco has two brands of small convention ovens ... Cruisinart and (I think) Oyster. They were much lighter than a microwave but both required 1800 watt input. That is a lot of power if you are not plugged in.
Yes, a resistance heater is much lighter than the magnetron and power supply of a microwave oven of similar power. Larger countertop ovens (including most convection units) are generally sized (electrically) to use all of the capacity of a 15-amp 120V circuit, but you might find a smaller toaster oven with less heating power.

Since anything in a non-microwave electric oven will typically take a significant amount of time to cook, the total energy used is substantial and not a good match with using battery power.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:54 PM   #13

Trailer: selling 2015 Casita Freedom, buying Escape 21'
Rubicon, I agree most whole heartedly.

and....

Dave, I am looking forward to seeing how your convection oven does and it looks like I may need some cooking lessons on how to use one. As mentioned above I had no luck with the one I tried out. It would be great just to have one appliance rather than an oven and microwave.
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:18 AM   #14

Trailer: 2013 Casita (Sold) 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post
Rubicon, I agree most whole heartedly.

and....

Dave, I am looking forward to seeing how your convection oven does and it looks like I may need some cooking lessons on how to use one. As mentioned above I had no luck with the one I tried out. It would be great just to have one appliance rather than an oven and microwave.
Might be able to give you a demo on Feb 12! We're still keeping fingers crossed and hoping the cabinet will be correct in size as Reace will be working from the instruction sheet without oven in hand. They didn't have room to store it with the renovations going on so just wanted to operation using the manual.

Never underestimate a man with a Degree in Physical Education.
H46Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:04 AM   #15

Trailer: 2016 escape trailer 21'
We requested the microwave opening measurement from ETI when we were working on our build sheet for our 21' escape. Decided to purchase our own microwave instead of ETI installing the RCA. However, the microwave we purchased will not fit into the area. While at the factory, we were told that ETI has to take the outside case off the microwave which they install & prep it so that it will stay in place during traveling. I don't know if the measurement for the area changed during ETI's makeover of that area, but we now have to hunt for a microwave to fit. We do have the oven so may choose to use the cabinet for storage instead of a microwave.
whitepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:16 AM   #16

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
microwave

We did the same thing we wanted the finished look of the cabinets . We also had ETI run a wire to the batteries so I can hook up the wire to our inverter (when we get one ) I'm still trying to decide which one (pure sign or modified)and what wattage 1000-2000 . That way the only thing I will need 110ac for will be the 1100 Air conditioner .
btw we bought a black and decker 700 watt for $49.00 it fits perfectly (em720cpn-pmb 700watt .we have the dual batteries with solar .
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:59 AM   #17

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
jennykatz, do you know the interior dimensions of the 21's microwave cabinet? We had a microwave in the Scamp we had before our 17B and almost never used it, so we are leaning toward waiting to see if we need one in the 21.

The cabinet still has a 120V outlet in it even if you don't get the microwave?

SAE Towing Standard "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:28 PM   #18

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
I asked the same question. I was told that the17B microwave cabinet has a plug, even with out the microwave
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:31 PM   #19

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
I asked the same question. I was told that the17B microwave cabinet has a plug, even with out the microwave
One can request that it be omitted. I did as I thought it would interfere with what I planned to store in that area. Glad I did.
Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:54 AM   #20

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for 4th Maiden Voyage
If you order the inverter.

Tom