Need a cupboard measurement - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Need a cupboard measurement

Someone with a 21', and if you have shelves in the cupboard under the microwave, could you please give me a measurement of the width of a shelf. I would ask my buds D&K, but they're using the cupboard as a closet.. no shelves.

I want to order one of these.
Click image for larger version

Name:	WrapStorage.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	4656

Amazon.com - Under Shelf Wrap Rack in WHITE model 1983W from Organize It All - Spice Organizer
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #2
Site Team

Well, never mind. I thought this through. I think I'll have another shelf put in the cupboard, I was originally going with two. I can mount it up high and basically use it like the Shelf Wrap Rack. Besides, another shelf would give me more future options.

Nice talking it through with y'all!
Old 01-25-2014, 07:18 PM   #3

Trailer: No more Escape 21
Donna, hope this might help, the width of the cupboard is 21-1/4". The opening width (allowing for the door frame) is 18-1/2". And the depth is 23-3/4".

See you in April!

Rick
Old 01-25-2014, 07:34 PM   #4
Site Team

Thanks for responding Rick, I'm still thinking all this through. You and Laura have a beautiful 21' trailer. I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing it at the Spring NOG!
Old 01-26-2014, 08:31 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #3
21' closet

Donna, we use to own a 17' Casita. They're great trailers, but storage can be an issue. We didn't need all the hanging space our Casita provided so we converted some of the closet to shelves. We left about 8" for hanging and the rest was converted to very accessible shelving. It worked great for us, and the new owner feels the same. We now own a 21' Escape and are again thinking about the closet. We've only camped for two nights, coming home from the delivery, but again, we don't need all that hanging space. We're going back and forth between shelving, drawers, or maybe a slide out pantry, while maintaining the 8" of hanging space. We hope to live with it for a while, learn the trailer and our uses, but I'm getting antsy to build something. Hope to see you at either the Oregon or Washington gatherings. I'm including a picture of the Casita closet, it's not the greatest shot, but I know how you like pictures. I'm also including shots of the baskets you're interested in. They worked great for us under the upper cabinets. I"ll bet you can't wait for that new Escape to be in your driveway??
Tom
Attached Thumbnails
SAM_3973.jpg   SAM_3978.jpg   SAM_3976.jpg  
TAfraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:15 PM   #6
Site Team

Tom, pictures are ALWAYS appreciate And although, the pics are of a Casita "closet mod" it may get others mental jucies working.

Gotta luv the help!, THANKS
Old 01-27-2014, 07:23 AM   #7

Trailer: 21' Escape (June 2014)
Tom,
We keep going back and forth on getting shelves instead of a hanging closet. Maybe we'll follow your example and live with it for a while before deciding. In our EggCamper we put shelves in the hanging closet and it worked out great for us, but the Escape 21 has so much additional storage that we might end up wanting some hanging space. Maybe I'll just get the closet wall reinforced so it will be easier to add shelves if we decide to go that way.
Ray
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:53 AM   #8

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #3
Ray, we reinforced the closet walls for that same exact reason as you. Even though the shelving worked great in the Casita, we wanted to live with our new 21 for a while before making this modification. I'm still giving the pull-our pantry some serious thought. One thing is for sure, putting shelving in the Escape will be much easier than the Casita. We won't have to deal with all those compound angles!
TAfraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:56 PM   #9

I was wondering if any of you can give the size of bins/boxes/containers that fit nicely inside the overhead, wrap-around storage compartments in the 21'?

Also, what is the wheel center to wheel distance? I would like this so I can cut appropriately sized boards for leveling - if I decide to go with boards.

Thanks again,
Ray
Old 02-02-2014, 08:39 PM   #10

Make that wheel-center to wheel-center distance.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:37 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
These will work in the overheads Amazon.com - Household Essentials Medium Storage Box, Natural Canvas
Old 02-03-2014, 03:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Wow, I'm surprised that something that large will fit up there. Thanks, that's the type of information I needed.
Ray
Old 02-03-2014, 04:11 PM   #13

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
you turn it sideways but they fit nicely.