New manual awning - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2017, 09:38 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 17A
New manual awning

Does anyone out there have experience with the new manual awning that ETI is offering?
We have a 17A in the que, completion May 2, and we are finalizing our build sheet. We are not happy about the Dometic electric, having seen the may problems posted on the forum. I don't know the brand of the awning; I just know that it is not the (Carefree?) one they offered a year ago. The pictures that our rep sent us looked a little flimsy.
I really appreciate the info that I've picked up from the forum over the last few months. Thanks
noblets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:56 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19’
I had ETI send me pictures of the new manual as well. It looks like it could be more flimsy than the electric one. As of this hour, I am still going with the electric and will find a way to make the pitch adj for rain work.
Sowen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:42 PM   #3

Trailer: August 2017 17b
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblets View Post
Does anyone out there have experience with the new manual awning that ETI is offering?
We have a 17A in the que, completion May 2, and we are finalizing our build sheet. We are not happy about the Dometic electric, having seen the may problems posted on the forum. I don't know the brand of the awning; I just know that it is not the (Carefree?) one they offered a year ago. The pictures that our rep sent us looked a little flimsy.
I really appreciate the info that I've picked up from the forum over the last few months. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowen23 View Post
I had ETI send me pictures of the new manual as well. It looks like it could be more flimsy than the electric one. As of this hour, I am still going with the electric and will find a way to make the pitch adj for rain work.
Got the manual awning on my 17B in August. Haven't had a lot of experience with it yet, but it is not flimsy, is easy to set up, and I like that it is not electric.
Ha! -The only motor to breakdown is me... or a friend, and one less demand on the batteries. I also like that it has the triangular support of legs (....or arms?)

Hope you enjoy, whatever you choose!
sumac.rhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:04 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19’
Can you post a pic of what your manual looks like set up and folded away?
Sowen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:15 PM   #5

Will see what I can do later this week (working next couple days) - Trailer tucked into a friends machine shed at the moment ... but might be able. CAN at least check make and model.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:50 PM   #6

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblets View Post
The newer manual awning that has been offered is the Carefree Freedom WM, unless this was changed again. It is apparently only available on the 17 and 19 after figment issues on the 21 and 5.0TA.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...pics-9859.html
rubicon327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:18 PM   #7

Thanks for posting the link to your photos. Had forgotten that thread.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:17 AM   #8

Trailer: 2017 17A
Just picked up my 17A one week ago with the new manual awning. I wouldn't say that it seems bomber - but not flimsy either. Still glad that I didn't do with something that has a motor in it....
davedru is offline   Reply With Quote