New Sewer Hose - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2019, 09:52 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
New Sewer Hose

I'm sure this probably has been asked many times before but I cannot seem to find a thread for it. I want to replace my sewer hose and was wondering what people seem to prefer. There a quite a few makes and models out there. I know I can get great advice and suggestions from the Escape community. Thanks a million. Several inched of snow here in NE Ohio Sunday night and we're itching to get out camping. The nice weather can't get here soon enough.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:08 AM   #2

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
We like the Valterra Dominator sewer hose. More expensive but works well. Like that it collapses down to a much shorter length. We bought ours from Escape when we picked up our E21 in January. Best sewer hose we have used in 30 years of RVing.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:09 AM   #3

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
15’ Rhino. Sturdy and will fit in your sewer tube with all attachments. 20’ Rhino won’t fit.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:16 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Sewer Hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
15’ Rhino. Sturdy and will fit in your sewer tube with all attachments. 20’ Rhino won’t fit.
Hi Ralph,
We bought the 15 foot Rhino. I store the hose with the single discharge fitting on one end accessible from the Black tank discharge side. The 90 degree elbow and reducer I put on the other side. It all fits in the stock ETI tube as noted above. The elbow and reducer I use when I have full hookups which is about 10 percent of our sites. To dump I stretch the hose out and tip the heavy dump station lid down on the end to hold it. I’ve never needed the 90 fitting at a dump station. 15 foot length has always been enough for us.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 12:25 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
This is what I use too. Very tough. I do also carry a cheap extension which I have had to use a few times.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:04 AM   #6

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Quote:
Me too!
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:27 PM   #7

Trailer: 2016 19' Escape
Looking on Amazon, is this what you are talking about?
Camco RhinoFLEX 15ft RV Sewer Hose Kit, Includes Swivel Fitting and Translucent Elbow with 4-In-1 Dump Station Fitting, Storage Caps Included
I really want something where all fittings will store in the tube. In our Casita, we had to carry the elbow separate.
Thanks.
Karen and Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:16 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen and Leon View Post
Looking on Amazon, is this what you are talking about?
Camco RhinoFLEX 15ft RV Sewer Hose Kit, Includes Swivel Fitting and Translucent Elbow with 4-In-1 Dump Station Fitting, Storage Caps Included
I really want something where all fittings will store in the tube. In our Casita, we had to carry the elbow separate.
Thanks.
Camco RhinoFLEX 15ft RV Sewer Hose Kit, Includes Swivel Fitting and Translucent Elbow with 4-In-1 Dump Station Fitting, Storage Caps Included, Frustration-Free Packaging (39770)

This is it
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:38 PM   #9

Trailer: 2016 19' Escape
Thanks!
Karen and Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:29 AM   #10

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
I like the Rhinoflex too. I prefer separate 5 and 10 foot sections, at dump stations the 5 foot length is enough and easy to work with and the 10 foot piece attaches easily when needed. The 5 and 10 foot sections, angle connector, and threaded dump fitting all fit into the ETI sewer tube. I had to buy a 20 foot kit consisting of two 10 foot hoses to get a 10 foot hose.
Old 04-12-2023, 06:37 PM   #11

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0
Hi - we are about to purchase a hose and didn’t realize ETI sold the Vaterra. You feel this is better than a Rhino hose?

Thanks
Doug
Safety Dougo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 10:31 PM   #12

Trailer: 5.0
RINO. done &. done
Grasshog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 10:38 AM   #13

Trailer: 2021 21NE
I have embarrassing story about stuffing 2x 10' sewer hoses into the tube. When finished dumping I would put a cap on one end of the 20' hose and stick it in the tube. Then I would cap the other end and push the remainder of the hose into the tube. The last couple 2' or 3' got really difficult. The hose just didn't want to go into the tube. It kept popping out sideways and I would have to start over. When I finally muscled the sewer hose into the tube and got the tube closure cap in place I was concerned the hose would push the cap hard enough to break the plastic latching mechanism.

Something happened one day that made me realize the problem was compressed air inside the sewer hose. After that putting the hose in the tube was easy. I just put the last cap on the hose when the hose was almost all the way into the tube.

I suspect people in line behind me were wondering what I was doing.
BobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 10:45 AM   #14

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG View Post
I have embarrassing story about stuffing 2x 10' sewer hoses into the tube. When finished dumping I would put a cap on one end of the 20' hose and stick it in the tube. Then I would cap the other end and push the remainder of the hose into the tube. The last couple 2' or 3' got really difficult. The hose just didn't want to go into the tube. It kept popping out sideways and I would have to start over. When I finally muscled the sewer hose into the tube and got the tube closure cap in place I was concerned the hose would push the cap hard enough to break the plastic latching mechanism.

Something happened one day that made me realize the problem was compressed air inside the sewer hose. After that putting the hose in the tube was easy. I just put the last cap on the hose when the hose was almost all the way into the tube.

Too funny but helpful to know for sure! What type of sewer hose did you use?

Thanks
Doug
Safety Dougo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 11:08 AM   #15

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG View Post
Not that this applies to you, Bob, but the first couple times I had to use dump stations in our first season of RVing last year I was a nervous wreck. Haha. I kept tripping over myself trying to rush things as my wife was telling me to just relax. She was right of course - like always! - but I kept feeling the judgmental looks of scorn from the line behind me.

When I thought about how long we had to wait in line behind other campers for our turn, I said to heck with it and things went a lot smoother - and quicker - for me after that. Just part of the learning experience for newbies.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 11:19 AM   #16

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety Dougo View Post
Too funny but helpful to know for sure! What type of sewer hose did you use?

Thanks
Doug
I don't remember the type hose but it was what I bought after looking at the one that came with the trailer. I was thinking that I would get a shorter one for use at dump stations but didn't. 2x10' with coupler between them works for me and I have never taken it apart. I just lay it down in S curves at the dump station and then when done I cap the end that comes off the trailer and drain the hose into the dump. I don't flush it out with fresh water. I am sort of lazy about things like that and rationalize the grey water flushed it good enough.
BobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 07:43 PM   #17

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
So, I have a surprising if not humorous story about a sewage hose…

We picked up our trailer in Sumas and headed to Walmart to pickup supplies for our camping trip with the NOG spring campout in Oregon on the way home. I had ordered a sewage hose with the trailer so our Walmart stop was mostly food, utensils, and related items.

We had a great time at NOG, but there was somewhat of a lake out the back of our 5.0, so I didn’t bother to connect to the waste dump in the site or the water. After a few days of camping it was time to head home, after a quick stop at the dump station. Whelp, that’s when I found out there was no sewage hose in the holder. I was able to dump the gray water and hose it into the station without too much mess, but we had to carry the black water until the next trip when we did have a sewage hose.

BTW, we ordered the Rino hose with the clear 90 and caps for both ends from Amazon, and have been totally happy with it.
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote